Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Question about Muzzy Zero Effect >

Question about Muzzy Zero Effect

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Question about Muzzy Zero Effect

Old 11-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Question about Muzzy Zero Effect

I've tried a few different rests, but get fletching contact no matter what.Haven't tried them all of course. The pro shop guy has just about talked me into a Muzzy ZE. I have stayed away from fall aways since I like simplicity and didn't want to add another string. I realize the Muzzy doesn't have a string but does have an arm, and as for simplicity, well it is a compound bow. I could give it a try.
I shoot an older Hoyt tenacity II and won't be changing bows any time soon unless something major breaks. It is as fast as many new bows.
My question is, has anyone hadANY negative experience with it?

Old 11-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about Muzzy Zero Effect

I saw the ZE rest back in 1993 when it was first developed. I have one on my older Pearson (2003) hunting bow and it works flawlessly---every time. No spring tension to mess with. No stupid cord tied to a cable.

If there is one thing I don't like about it, it's that the hook that catches the arrow is overly long, but a pair of wire cutters whacked an inch off mine real easily.

It does pay to put a bit of moleskin in the groove hwere the arrow rides. This allows for absolute quiet no matter what arrow you shoot.

I've tried about 10 other drop-away rests. My 3D bow has an Infiniti drop away and my newer hunting bow has a Trap Door. Would I say any one is better than another? Not really. But I do not like a cord tied to my down cable. I think it's stupid.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:12 PM

Hi PH,

I put a Muzzy ZE on my '96 Mcpherson Eliminator two years ago and it works very well. I also have mole skin in the groove.

PR
Old 12-06-2005, 10:27 AM

I thinkthe MZE is little ahead of the rest of the dropaways just because of the arm, as far as faults , I also cut 1/2" off the tip other than that I have no problems
Old 12-06-2005, 11:13 AM

I do like mine! No problems as of yet in 2 years of use. Give it a try!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:43 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

I've been using the Muzzy Zero Effect on my Hoyt for over a year. I LOVE it! Not ONE problem to date.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the MZE on my 04 BowTech Patriot Dually since new and I'm yet to find anything that I don't like about it .I also cut an 1/2 " off the hook and added mole skin for quietness .I hunt in some very frigid weather here in Ont and haven't had any problem's with freeze up as well.To me this is by far the best rest your going to find on the market ,I'm not saying that the other's aren't as good ,but I definately prefer the MZE.

nubo
Old 12-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

I have been using a ZE for the last 4-5 years. Not a problem with it from a mechanical perspective.

The only issue I ever had with it was when I had it on my old bow, the AR31. It had a big brace height and didn't allow for enough lift to get fixed broadheads to clear the rest area on the bow. I switched to mechanicals and it worked fine. This was a problem with the bow, not the ZE. We made all the adjustments on the ZE and couldn't get it to work perfectly.

I just bought a Switchback and put the ZE on that as well.