Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

ASAT Camo

Old 12-24-2005, 09:11 PM

Default RE: ASAT Camo

I have the same question as Newguy... how is Asat for walking around in? How about walking through laurels or heavy brush? Does it get hung up alot? Do the leaves/strips tear off easily?
Old 12-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

I have stalked it it with good results. Animals may see your movement, but if you freeze they can't seem to figure out what you are and generally don't seem alarmed. You need to wash/dry the suit several times to get it softened up, otherwise it does make a little noise. The more I wear it the better it gets as brambles and thorns tear the leaves up a little and they get frazzled on the edges. IMO you actually want this as it makes the suit look even more convincing and much quieter. I've never had leaves tear off. The suit istelf is made of a sturdy mesh. It does pick up stickers and cockleburs pretty easily though. The suit is what I really love, but the ASAT pattern is a bonus. If Predator made a suit just like it, I would be just as comfortable with that open pattern as well, but they don't.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

The material in the ASAT 3D suit is all but rip proof, you won't have that problem and when softened, it's very quiet, as quiet an any of them. I've worn ASAT for many many years and back when they disappeared for a short time I wore them all including Predator which would be my second choice but until you wear ASAT, you'll never understand.

Yes, it's not appealing to humans, who cares, I'm not hunting humans and besides, if the snipers in the military wear it to save their lives, I take that for confidence.

For animals, you are as close to invisible as you can be towards animals, it's amazing and it will help you get away with movement like drawing your bow. I still get amazed at what I get away with.....and never could with conventional camos....I have way too many stories to even start telling them...but I am sitting here smiling over them.

Trust in ASAT, you'll be a believer too but if you've never worn it, you'll never understand.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:04 AM

Thanks for the feedback... you guys answered my questions. I will definitely consider the asat.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:01 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

They are VERY light weight and GREAT durability.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:33 PM

well i am just about sold on this stuff BUT what is the fade factor like? i mean does the "colour" hold up or does the suit need to be replaced often....... thanks..dave
Old 01-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

well i am just about sold on this stuff BUT what is the fade factor like? i mean does the "colour" hold up or does the suit need to be replaced often....... thanks..dave
Dave.

It will fade some but I have found that it works even better with a little fade.

I have had my 3d suit now going on 5 years its been used and abused and holding up extremely well I honestly dont think I will ever need another suit
Old 01-15-2006, 06:13 PM

I just got my suit and love it! I only wore it for the last 2 days of archery season so I can't say a lot yet, but I did see 9 deer those 2 days and wasn't spotted. The only thing I don't like is that the pants are like .......way to long. I can pull them up under my arm pits. So, when they are on my waist like they should be, the legs are very baggy. But not uncomfortable at all. You don't really even notice it.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:54 PM

I use a set of suspenders.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

I agree the pants are WAY too long, unless you are 6'8" maybe!!! But I don't have a problem because the elastic wasteband is tight enought (32" waist). But they hang over my short boots.

Quick Reply: ASAT Camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.