Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

ASAT Camo

Old 12-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ASAT Camo

For the best Predator clothes you simply have to check out Gray Wolf Woolens. Jeff takes care of his customers and offers the finest quality gear you can find! It's not cheap, but worth every penny! Wolfskin w/ Comfortmax lining is where it's at!

Check them out at:
www.graywolfwoolens.com
Old 12-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

i bet i could pick out anyone in asat camo from within 50 yards if not more in just about any cover. its a great concept but to me any regular 3-d camo will work great. flat regular camo (any non 3-d) in any color combo to me doesnt do the same as a 3-d suit and just dont cut it on my stands. i hunt out of mostly 15 foot ladder stands in the early season with no blind attached and deer will feed under me all day long and even put up with my scent most of the time. if i went back to regular camo i believe this wouldnt happen nearly as much. just break up your outline and as long as the deer cant put you in the human catagory they will be more at ease.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:46 PM

I did not say that a person could not pick another person out.
If the regular camo did not work then deer would be picking pepole
out all the time.The point i am making is the human outline.Yes the
3d break's it up better. But compare asat regular camo to say realtree
from a distance of 50 yrd!I have been using Asat for 17 year's.And killed my share of big deer!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:54 AM

I think the thing that most people don't understand is that deer do not see things the way that humans do. They see black, white and shades of gray. There are studies that suggest they can see some yellows or that everything has a light tinge of blue. Point is, if you take a picture of all the camo patterns that look good to us, they turn into a big dark blob in black and white. Take a picture of ASAT in black and white and you will see how well it blends in to any background.

Any 3D leafy suite will break up the human outline better than a non-3D camo suite.

I also think Predator camo works very well. I just like my ASAT 3D suite better because I can wear it year around.

Last point is, just about any camo will work well if you hunt the wind and keep your movements to a minimum. Become a hunter instead of just someone who sits in a tree waiting for a deer to come by. Our grandfathers did a lot of hunting in leather boots, work pants, plaid wool jackets and were successful.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

No matter which camo...SIT STILL!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'm loyal to my ASAT, but I have to say...I lovethe Deception pattern. I"ll bet top half ASAT and pants Deception would be the Ultimate!
Old 12-09-2005, 06:16 AM

I can't say anything about ASAT camo because I haven't tried it, but it looks interesting. I can tell you I like Predator camo very much. I used it for spring turkeys last year and it worked great. While turkey hunting I had many deer come very close and never see me. I am sold on Deception pattern.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:09 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

BEST pattern on the market. I've been using it for 15+ years. What color is a deer or elk. Brown and black! If it works for them 24/7 why wouldn't it work for us. Call me and I'lleven give you a discount code for it. www.rmarchery.com
Old 12-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

I am really thinking of getting the ASAT 3-D suit... One question for you guys that have one... How comfortable are they to walk around in? No more than a couple of miles... Just interested, thanks.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

i bet i could pick out anyone in asat camo from within 50 yards if not more in just about any cover. its a great concept but to me any regular 3-d camo will work great. flat regular camo (any non 3-d) in any color combo to me doesnt do the same as a 3-d suit and just dont cut it on my stands. i hunt out of mostly 15 foot ladder stands in the early season with no blind attached and deer will feed under me all day long and even put up with my scent most of the time. if i went back to regular camo i believe this wouldnt happen nearly as much. just break up your outline and as long as the deer cant put you in the human catagory they will be more at ease.
Doesn't mean much - if you were put in a "find Waldo" situation for looking for someone in a given area of 50 yards, you could probably pick out anyone in any camo - heck if your looking hard enough (stalking) you can even find animals; and theyhave the best camo - the Good Lord's. I do agree that any 3-d suit is a advantage over flat camo. As said above, you have to sit still and try to break up your silohuette with your surroundings as well. I've had humans walk within 3 yards of me on public hunting ground while I was sitting on the ground in my ASAT 3-d suit. Had one lady this season that walked past me on a nature walk (not leagal on our walk in hunting areas). After she passed and I was sure she wasn't armed, on her way back on the same path I spoke to her. Nearly jumped out of her skin. She was a lady that lived next to land and after I appologized, I explained to her how dangerous it was for her to be doing what she was doing on public hunting land. We had a good, friendlytalk. She was real nice - at the end she told me how amazed she was at how well I was concealed onlymere feet from her and that she had passed me once already. She also told me that she honestly wet herself a little...

Quick Reply: ASAT Camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.