Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 binoculars 1 side blurry >

binoculars 1 side blurry

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

binoculars 1 side blurry

Old 11-04-2005, 08:05 PM

Default binoculars 1 side blurry

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I have been shopping around for a new set of binocs in the 300$ range. I have tried a pair (in the store)of leupold cascade river 10 x42 I couldn't seem to get both lenses focused at the same time. one side would be a little blurry. There was a smaller pair of leupolds 8x32 that seemed to have a fine tuner on the right lens that I could dial in. I tried a pair of nikon monarchs the other day but the store was small so I couldn't see alot but I think only one side was clear on those also. Could this have anything to do with being left eye dominant??or do I need a pair that have that adjuster on the onesideThanks
Old 11-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: binoculars 1 side blurry

I don't know if you are aware of it, but if you had asked at the store someone there should have been able to help you with this matter.

Most binocular (not binoculars. BI means two) have a diopter setting on the right eyepiece. What you do is look through the lenses and focus the left side. You may have to close the right eye to get the clearest picture with the left eye. Once you get this focused then you look through with both eyes and focus the right side with the diopter adjustment. If you get decent glass then the diopter adjustment will have click detents or some other method of locking it in place so that you don't have to refocus it all the time.

Hope this helps.