Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 **newbie** needing some help on picking bow >

**newbie** needing some help on picking bow

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

**newbie** needing some help on picking bow

Old 10-27-2005, 12:10 PM

Default **newbie** needing some help on picking bow

Hey everyone, I have been wanting to buy a bow and go hunting for some time now. I'm new at bows, and I was needing some help on finding a good bow. What kinds are best? Any help would be appreciative.

thanks
Old 10-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: **newbie** needing some help on picking bow

First of all what are looking for in a bow? Cost? Reliability, Have you shot one before? PSE makes an excellent line of entry level bows such as the Nova. Its a light bow and easy to work with and will get the job done for you no matter what youre using it for and its a very affordable bow. I suggest going to a local pro shop in your area and trying a few of them out. You wont be sorry for going with PSE. PSE owns more patents on bows than any other bow manufacturer on the market. Mathews even uses some of PSEs patents on their bows. But youll pay much more for a mathews and wont get the warranty that PSE offers. Lifetime UNLIMITED warranty.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:34 PM

yeah I've shot a bow before. I was wanting one that will lasta while, I don't mind having a heavy one I'm 6'4'' and weight over 230 so I'm not worried about the weight. I don't know anything about bows I shoot guns. Just looking to see what yall think would be best. Thanks for your help wis bow huntr.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Np. I really think youd be happy wiht a PSE bow then. Affordabel and no other manufacturer beats the warranty.My Wifes cousinbeat a coon over the head withhis Mach10to get an arrow back that he was running around with stuck in the middle of this head, blew the limbs and within 36 hourshe had new limbs upgraded to Mach 12 at no cost except the laborfor the pro shop to put them on.Hows that for warranty. The venganceis a nice bow as well. I just dont like the grip. I shoot a Nova S4 andIguessIkinda got too used to a bigger grip.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:06 PM

sounds good, I'll look into that

thanks
Old 10-30-2005, 07:19 PM

bounce up to OKC and shoot what they have up there at Bass Pro Shops. They will let you shoot several and you can get into an 04 dirt cheap now with the 06s on the market.