Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

X-Scent apparel

Old 10-19-2005, 05:35 PM

Default X-Scent apparel

has anyone put X-Static undergarments to the test for odor killing the socks long johns and top are supposed to stop human scent
Old 10-19-2005, 06:09 PM

Default RE: X-Scent apparel

I broke it out on opening weekend with temps in the 80's and you could'nt smell any B.O. in the stuff. I know the human nose is not as powerful but you could definitly tell a difference in smell betwen the X-scent and regular cotton. Seems to work fairly well!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:33 PM

Christmas of 2003 my wife bought me a set of the X-scent thermal top & bottoms. I read the box about the silver lining eliminating scent, and was sceptical.

In 2004 I put them to test hunting Caribou with my bow off the north slopes of Alaska in August. I spent 5 days on the tundra, 2 1/2 of those days with temperatures in the 70's. A lot of tundra grass walking made me sweat fairly well. I wore the same set of x-scent thermals the entire time. I was successful onthe 3rd day and took a nice Bou that was down wind of me (he circled me to get down wind to figure out what I was).I didn't notice my scent at all until I took them off when the hunt ended. I am now sold!

I added thehood and socks to complete my initial layer of my over all scent control system. I recomend them to any hunter as part of his/her scent control arsenal!

Pic included of the Bou I harvested...

Old 10-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

I have the top and bottom long johns along with the hood,and rubber boots
so no need for the socks.
And same here 75-80 degree's and took a doe
down wind at 35 yards opening day bow season!
i'm sold on them!
Old 10-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the X-Scent shirt, pant and socks. I think they work great. I took their challenge and wore my socks 4 days in a row hunting. They still didn't smell. Bought mine at Walmart and paid less than $50 for all 3.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

i have 2 sets and scent lok...save the money and get the the x static i like it. i purchased another top at walmart last night..for $19 u cant beat it..walmart undercuts everyone.