Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 1st Cape Kill HyperShock Picture >

1st Cape Kill HyperShock Picture

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

1st Cape Kill HyperShock Picture

Old 10-17-2005, 03:06 PM

Default 1st Cape Kill HyperShock Picture

http://www.aftershockarchery.com/

Thanks
Old 10-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 1st Cape Kill HyperShock Picture

I want one of those..... I wish I could shoot Mechanical BH's
Old 10-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to the hunter but I couldn't help but notice that the arrow sure didn't penetrate very deep.

I would really like to hear the story behind it. Such as..... how far this buffalo traveled after being shot, How deep the arrow penetrated, how long it was alive after being shot, etc... etc...
Old 10-17-2005, 09:06 PM

Is this theinfo you need Big Bulls?

Jim Jones testimonial document.

The Cape buffalo was shot at 26 yards with a 1000 grain arrow I built using your 125 grain HyperShock broadhead. It was double lunged, ran 6 seconds and fell 70 yards from where I hit it. Very fast kill. Surprised, the PH said, “Most rifle kills take longer and often multiple shots.” I used a Bowman Accu-raiser 2 at 100 lbs. The arrow stuck in the far ribs.

The Zebra was shot at 44 yards with a 500 grain arrow using your 125 HyperShock broadhead. It was double lunged with a complete pass through, the Zebra ran 80 yards.
I used a Bowman Accu-raiser 2 at 75 lbs.

The Impala was shot at 34 yards with a 500 grain arrow using your 125 HyperShock broadhead. Right when I released, It was looking at me and jumped the arrow. I hit it center body and low. The HyperShock cut him so wide he split in half 300 yards later. He was down even with a poor hit. I used a Bowman Accu-raiser 2 at 75 lbs.

The Red Hartebeast was shot at 38 yards with a 500 grain arrow using your 125 grain HyperShock broadhead. He was double lunged, a complete pass through. He only went 7 yards. He is possibly a bow world record with 71 inch plus horns. He will be officially measured after drying. I used a Bowman Accu-raiser 2 at 75 lbs.

The Blesbuck was shot at 60 yards with a 500 grain arrow using your 125 grain Tremor broadhead with shorter 2” blades, He was quartering away - double lunged and broke the opposite shoulder. He dropped where he was standing. I was confident to shoot at these distances using the Aftershock broadheads, which truly shoot like a field point.

I prepared for this hunt for eight months. Worked up to shooting my 100 lb bow by shooting 40 arrows twice a week and shooting my 75 lb bow 5 days a week including a field or hunter match every Sunday . Warm up and the match was a 200 arrow day. I ran 5 miles a day during lunch hour, 5 days a week.

Stewart Bowman of Bowman Archery built both of my custom bows, the best bow money can buy. I still lacked in one area; broadheads. I tried them all. Some better then others, but none performed like their claims, until I tried AfterShock Archery’s lineup. Any distance, any bow or setup, they shoot exactly like field points. I was going Cape Buffalo hunting. This is the real deal. If he doesn’t die fast, I do. Since I still was not convinced, I went on a local Hog hunt to test penetration. I shot a Hog through the shoulder to see what would happen. On an up hill shot I broke his through his shoulder and hit his spine, cut 6-1/2 inch’s and exited. Needless to say he dropped in his tracks. Now I am convinced. This is the ONLY broadhead for me. Thank you AfterShock for your product and allowing me the successful hunt of my lifetime.

Old 10-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, thanks.

I have to say that that's pretty impressive about the cape. That pic on the web site sure didn't look like the arrow went in that far but with running and falling over it certainly could have come back out a bit.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:05 PM

That must have gotten that guys heart pumping. I really wish that i could try that sometime.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:08 AM
Spike

Help me out. I have always been told that the big five require a cut on contact broadhead. How do you balance a 1000 grain arrow with a 125 grain head?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

SWEET!!