Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

VaneTec V-max vanes

Old 09-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default VaneTec V-max vanes

I recently received my pack of free samples from VaneTec. Yes, I did say free! On their website you can fill out a form to request the sample. They sent me 10 - 4"flo orange vanes. A single vane weighs 9.8gn. Height is .480.

VaneTec claims "Finally, A vane that will last the life of your arrows". Well, while I've not reached that point yet I can say that out of the package I was impressed with the way they felt. Having mostly used AAE vanes in the past these were noticably stiffer. In fact they remind me alot likethestiffness of Blazer vanes.

Anyone looking to refletch with a good durable vane should check these out. If your using standard AAE, Duravanes, etc. you owe it to yourself to give these a try. Especially if you are using a biscuit. They are impressive and the sample is free!

I have not yetput a ton of shots on these but so far so good.I've shot some tight groups at 20 yards and there is no sign ofwaving orwrinkling on the vanes. I've also had 2 of them buried to the nock on my bag target. Even after pulling them out the vanes still returned to normal shape.

I'm going to continue to "punish" these as best I can to see just how much they will take. And my interest in their 3" Superspine vanes has me thinking about ordering some of those as well!

Unfortunately my digital camera is no longer working thanks to my 2yr old. Hopefully I'll be getting a new camera this weekend and then I'll geta chance to post some pictures.

You can find more information on VaneTec at their website : ww.vmaxvanes.com

Also, I am in no way affiliated with or sponsored by VaneTec.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: VaneTec V-max vanes

Interesting to hear.... are they parabolic cut, or do they offer them in different styles, lengths, etc....?
Old 10-04-2005, 01:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: VaneTec V-max vanes

I've also been playing with them and am impressed.
I've tried the 3" superspines and the 4" V-max.
They glide through a biscuit quieter than my blazers and duravanes.

But on a sad not, I still get better broadhead guidence with the 4" duravanes.
MaybeI should try the next size up in the V-max lineup?