Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Trophy Ridge Mantis V-Drive >

Trophy Ridge Mantis V-Drive

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy Ridge Mantis V-Drive

Old 05-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Trophy Ridge Mantis V-Drive

Have you had any experience with this pendulum/single pin sight? Does the single pinpart of the sightwork as good as they say and is it noisy at all?

Thanks Alot
Mike
Old 05-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Mantis V-Drive

Ilike mine real well, quiet and accurate out to about 30yds. You have to watch or the V-Drive loosens up and the site moves.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:18 PM

OH crap!!!...what do you mean? i just bought one and don't like what i'm hearing, please elaborate.

Thanks,Bo
Old 05-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

PSEBO

From what i have heard the trophy ridge mantisguide/hunter v-drive sights can lock downto keep the pendulum from moving. Thus it becomes a single pin sight for when you hunt on theground.The pin canalso move up or down to accomadate different yardage shots on the ground.
Here follow these directions to get to a web page that talks all about it
1. Go to www.become.com
2. In the search bar type in trophy ridge mantis pendulum sight
3. It should be the second web page listed. Its called "Mantis and VDrive Sights"
Old 05-31-2006, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought when they first came out.It was extremely heavy and made a constant buzzing sound.On top of that,it was very loud when the pendulem was unlocked to swing.I got 32 yards out of it from a tree which was no advantage what so ever to a fixed pin.I also hated the way they positioned the yardage marking on the side of the sight.It made it very inconvenient to quicklyadjust the sight with as little movement as possible.TR's customer service was excellent.They sent me two new sights and one new sight head.Regardless,it was way over-priced,too heavy and awkward to adjust in the field.The pendulem gives you no practicle advantage from a tree if you shoot a relatively fast bow and use proper form.Overall,I think the sight was a big flop.There's far better sights out there for way less money.