Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which portable blind?

Old 11-14-2005, 07:18 PM

Default RE: Which portable blind?

Hands down Double Bull Blinds are the best.Period.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

Not for nuthing but they all work. Just make sure its big enough for you to draw in & go from there.
I will say dont get an outhouse. I did & its just too small to draw in period.
I have a big one, I think its a hunters view lodge but could be wrong. Its 7 feet square & 7' tall. I dont stand to shoot but you can if you want.. No mesh tho but its nice to stand & stretch once in awhile & in a big one you can. I also have 3 of the dog house blinds. Theyre 5 feet square & you cant stand up. If your much bigger than me you might not be able to shoot tho. I draw 28" & need to draw from the corner. Theyre alot easier to tuck away tho & more versatile. A $300 one might last longer but then I'd only have one. Now I got 4 .
Theyre all pretty waterproof too. In a real downpour you might get dripped on but I never had to leave. The shoot thru mesh works but I dont use it much as I find it hard to spot the deer thru underbrush with it up. Its unnerving at first but they wont see you in there as long as no window behind you is open. I like the blinds myself.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:54 AM

I really enjoy my Ameristep Brickhouse. It is sturdy enough to not flap in teh wind and it is also roomy enough for me to dram a bow in a shooting or a seating posistion. I have had dear sitting right behind and i could feel there breths on the outside of the blind.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Ground max DX which is all I need in a ground blind. Excellent color and texture ( no shine) on the fabric and sets up like a breeze. It also held up nicely during some insane winds this fall.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the Carbon Venture blinds by eastman Outfitters. These are a hub style blind like the Double Bulls, but at a raction of the price. You can get it with the Safari system which helps break up the outline of the blind. Check them out, next to a DB they are probably the best on the market. I've never been impressed with any of the Ameristeps.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:58 AM

I have a question about the hub style blinds. I only use a pop up for spring turkey hunting with the bow. I do move around a bit when hunting turkeys. With my turkey vest on full of stuff, carrying a bow, and the doghouse on my back in it's small round bag, put on over my full turkey vest is a little heavy to carry around, but is fairly easy to transport everything on foot. With the hub style blinds, they are in a sack in a tube shape, correct? If you use the blind turkey hunting on foot, will the hub blind be a pain in the you know what to move around with, along with all your other gear? I aske because I would like a little more room inside a blind, such as the Matrix, but am not really willing to give up the ability to be mobile. What do you all think?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

but am not really willing to give up the ability to be mobile. What do you all think?
You can set up or take down a Ground max in seconds. The DX version which is what I have is big enough to draw a bow inside of. It breaks down into a a long cylinder type shape for carrying but the bag has excellent shoulder straps for packing.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

Double Bull all the way!! I have the Matrix 360 in Green Predator Camo and love it! Yes it is worth the money.