Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rangefinders - Bushnell vs Nikon

Old 09-09-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Rangefinders - Bushnell vs Nikon

Hi there,
I'm looking for a new rangefinder and don't know which one to buy between the Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout or the Nikon Laser 440. I don't live anywhere near a store that keeps either of them so it's a little difficult to try them both out. A friend has the Bushnell and it looks & feels good in the hand.
Someone also told me that the readout in the Nikon is red in colour, is this true?

Which do I choose and why?

Clayton
Old 09-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rangefinders - Bushnell vs Nikon

I dont remember which color the readout was on the Nikon, but I have used both and both are great and get the job done, I guess it all boils down to how much money you want to spend...
Old 09-10-2005, 10:06 PM

Default RE: Rangefinders - Bushnell vs Nikon

I am usually a huge Bushnell fan but must admit I would go Nikon.Myself and three others bought Bushnell rangefinders about 2 years ago. Mine and one other had to go in under warranty within a few months.Now mine quit on me the opening day of archery season.[:@]
I am currently watching for a sale or good deal on a Nikon 600 maybe Monarch 800