Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

grim reapers

Old 08-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default grim reapers

First year bow hunter ordered grim reapers just got them today. going to try themout any feed back on these.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: grim reapers

I love mine. I've never had a problem to report.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:43 PM

i think I am going to order some. They look like they are probly the best mech. head out there

rick

Old 08-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

I would say they are the bestfront deployingmechanical broadhead out there.

Die Hard

30 Days!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

My only input is that when you get them assembled and on the shaft, make SSSUUUURRRREEE that each blade is under the proper amount of spring tension. If one is under what seems to be too little tension, believe me, it is, and you have to dis-assemble and adjust to get the proper tension. If you don't you'll have a blade fly open on release, and they don't fly worth crap with one blade deployed. Trust me on that... it cost me a lot of money. Once you get them adjusted right, they're awesome.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with little chief. I tried them last year and had a blade come open in flight and the arrow did a dipsy-do in flight, cost me a 150" 8 pointer. I'm going to stick with my spitfire pro 100's
Old 08-17-2007, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for the feed back. I did notice that one blade didnt want to open had to move the pivot ring a little.Am heading out this morning to shoot hope they all fly straight
Old 08-17-2007, 04:51 AM

what do you mean you have to adjust the blades? I have never heard of that on a mech. head.

how hard it is to do?

rick

Old 08-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Grim Reapers break down into 12 different parts. The instructions tell you to check for proper blade tension and if a blade doesn't want to open or opens too easily, you have to disassemble it and tweak the inside parts, reassemble and check again.
When I first shot the Grim Reapers, one of the heads had a blade that was under less tension than the others. Sure enough, the blade came open on release and the arrow path looked like a cork screw. On about the third round, another blade came open on release. I had my BH target strapped to my waterhose reel. The arrow cork screwed down and punched through the hose.
From what I understand, once you work out the kinks, these are some devastating broadheads, but I just decided to go with a fixed blade and not have to worry about potential problems when the shot involves a deer.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:58 AM

This sounds like a pain in the butt. I dont know if I am going to mess with it.

rick

Quick Reply: grim reapers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.