Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit Viper Versus Razor

Old 08-12-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Summit Viper Versus Razor

I've narrowed it down to these for my first climber. Price is close to the same so not a issue. Mostly this stand will be used for bowhunting, but occassional gun hunting. Anyone had experience with both?
Old 08-12-2005, 07:35 PM

Default RE: Summit Viper Versus Razor

I've got it narrowed down to the viper and the bullet. I think I'd like the bar in front, it'll make me feel a bit safer, and from all the comments I've heard it doesn't get in the way bow hunting.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:37 PM

I read somewhere that the Razor has a bar in front that can be disconnected and swing under the seat if you choose while bowhunting. Not positive though.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:45 PM

Yeah the razor's front bar does fold under, the point for it is a seat climber.....the folding mechanism just looks like a mouse trap and source for noise to me???? If you not interested in the bar maybe the bushmaster x5 would be the stand for you? Good luck.....I think we both at least got it narrowed down to the right brand!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Between those two I'd go with the Razor because of the movable rail. I'd be concerned with noise if it was from any other company besides Summit. (and Lone Wolf )
Old 08-12-2005, 08:36 PM

WAS TOLD THAT THE MOVEABLE BAR ON THE RAZOR ACTUALLY HAS YOU TOO CLOSE TO THE SEAT WHILE CLIMBING, FORCING YOUR KNEES TO STRIKE THE SEAT AND POSSIBLY THE TREE WHILE GOING UP OR COMING DOWN. I HAVE NOT TRIED IT OUT FOR MYSELF,THOUGH.
BY THE WAY, I LOVE SUMMIT STANDS AND ENJOY USING BOTH THE VIPER AND THE COBRA
Old 08-13-2005, 07:33 AM

beulaboy, do you bow or gunhunt. Or both? Does the bar on the viper get in the way of a bowshot? Looking now at the bullet backpacker on thier site, that one folds completely flat. unlike the viper or razor.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:06 PM

Mostly this stand will be used for bowhunting, but occassional gun hunting.
Hey kmeyer read the post before you ask questions please.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:32 PM

Ite, looks like you need to read the ENTIRE post first, pay particular attention to the names
Old 08-15-2005, 03:33 PM

kmeyer, I do both out of the stand- the front bar CAN get in the way if you don't pay attention on a nearly straight down shot, but it is rare.

Quick Reply: Summit Viper Versus Razor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.