Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

4 MAXI CHUCK-IT

Old 08-09-2005, 08:17 PM

Default 4 MAXI CHUCK-IT

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF A BROADHEAD CALLED THE CHUCK-IT? USED IT? I HAVE SEVERAL AND WAS WONDERING IF I SHOULD USE THEM. I KNOW THEIR OLD BUT THEY LOOK PRETTY GOOD!
Old 08-10-2005, 07:01 AM

Default RE: 4 MAXI CHUCK-IT

I have a 5 pack of the original Chuck-It 85 grain broadheads by Hoyt/Easton. I think I originally bought them for hunting Fox. I never used them and just realized that they have a barbed head design which is illegal in Md. I was thinking about putting them on eBay and seeing what I can get for them. I bought them around 18 years ago. They must be a collector's item by now!

Check your local game laws to find out if they are legal to use in your state.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:42 AM

I have a 5 pack of 100gr and was wondering if they would be decent for whitetail. What are your thoughts? I'm not one to spend $30 + on three broadheads.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:06 AM

If they fly well out of your bow, are still sharp and are legal in your state then use them. My only concern would be durability. The blades don't have any support for the trailing edge. That is why they are called "Chuck-It". They were fairly cheap back then and weren't meant to last a long time.

Bass Pro has some broadheads on sale for their fall classic. I see Muzzys, Thunderheads and some Tri-Loks from Easton that you can get 3 for $15. These might be better to use.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:25 AM

One of my buddy's is trying to convince me to buy some razorcapsbut I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. If you interested in selling those chuck-its let me know.
Thanks
Old 08-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Razor caps would be a much much much better broadhead to use than those chuck-it's. I got some 125 grain razorcaps and they are an excelent broadhead.

I don't know where you live but I would be willing to bet that they are illegal seeing as how they are a barbed broadhead.

Why would you want to cheapen out on the only piece of equipment in your entire set up that actually kills the animal?

If you don't want to spend $30 on three broadheads there are a number of other, much better, broadheads that come in a six pack for $30. Such as Muzzy, thunderhead, Innerlock, Wasp hammers and boss, and Rocky Mountain premier. Then there are still a bunch more that only run $20 for three.