Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

A QUESTION ON RELEASES

Old 09-23-2002, 09:14 PM

Default A QUESTION ON RELEASES

JUST GOT A NEW PSE THUNDERBOLT WITH THE LITNING CAM.LOVE IT AND THE DEAL THAT I GOT FROM A PLACE CALLED "THE HUNTERS FRIEND". HOWEVER THE RELEASE INCLUNED WITH THE SET IS A TRU-FIRE PATRIOT. I DONT LIKE IT BECAUSE OF THE TRIGGER. THE TRIGGER HAS TO MUCH MATERIAL BEHIND IT. VERY EASY TO TOUCH WHEN DRAWING BACK AND WHOOPS THEREGOES THE ARROW. ANY WAY WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME INPUT FROM OTHERS ABOUT RECCOMENDATIONS ON A BETTER RELEASE. SHOTTING A STRING LOOP. TRIED A SCOTT RHINO. LOVED THE TRIGGER BUT WORRIED ABOUT KEEPING THE HOOK ON THE STRING STALKING. SO WHAT TO YOU ALL RECCOMEND?
Old 09-23-2002, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A QUESTION ON RELEASES

A4BEST, welcome to the board! There are so many good releases out there today, it would be tough to say one was better than the rest. If you liked the trigger on the rhino, you might want to check out some other Scott releases. I think they make the old faithful in a caliper release. Or the Scott little goose. TruBall makes really good caliper releases too! I like the tornado release from truball. Releases are like just about everything else, it is what feels best to you. And like most other things in this world, good costs more. There may be a quality, adjustable trigger release out there for less than 30 bucks, but I have`nt seen it yet.

NRA,UBP,BASS Member
New Stanton,PA
Old 09-30-2002, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

I think that any of the Cobra releases are good but you can do what you want.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scott Mongoose the best there is in my opinion I have used one for years with no problems at all and I shoot a loop.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using the same Fletcher Fletchunter for about 10 years now and would highly recommend it to anyone. I have a new one that i keep in my jacket pocket as a spare just in case but so far i haven't had to use it.