Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Trick mania

Old 07-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Slick Trick mania

I fling alot of arrows every year. Usually around 15-20 by the end of the year. That gets expensive with Muzzys, let alone slick tricks.
Yes but remember that a slick trick is all steel and not aluminum and there is no tip to screw on and off or to bend over the furrel. I bought six last year and shot them a ton. All I had to do was sharpen the blades and shoot again. One went completely through the spine of a whitetail straight down between the shoulder blades and out the center fo the chest..... other than dull blades it was in perfect condition. Would a Muzzy been able to do that? I have had Muzzies bend just shooting them into a target and sticking the tip into the fence behind it.

Provided you don't shoot a boulder with a ST you will go through ten Muzzies before you will have to replace one slick trick.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've heard so much about the Slick Trick's ,that i think I'm going to try them myself this season .

nubo
Old 07-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

You will find Slick Tricks more durable than Muzzy's and therefore cheaper in the long even with a lot of shooting. I harvested 8 animals with 1 Slick Trick broadhead. I just sharpened the tip of the head with a toolman's stone, and replaced the blades. Good as new! On the 9th animal I lost my entire arrow after a pass thru. Broke my heart that my lucky number 6 arrow was gone. I have never seen that kind of durability with an aluminum ferrule broadhead.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just got mine in the mail. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet...
Old 07-20-2005, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got mine as well. I must say I am impressed with the design and the way they lock into the ferrel, although it is a PITA to get them in there right. The blades are VERY thick as well, and should hold up well.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

I found out removing the blades were a little tricky at first, then i discovered if you hold a little thumb pressure on the underside of the blades and then find the blade that drops or slides down thats the one thats going to slip out.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Does anyone have a pic to post for me ?

nubo
Old 07-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here is the one off of their site.

Old 07-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just got mine today. Went out and shot them and their 2'' high . What do you think? Time to break out the scale, re-site or back to tuning. Tommorrow I'm trying my new mechanicals. Guess I'm never satisfied.[8D]Trying to get my field tips, slick tricks, wasp hammers and wasp jackhammers to all hit within 2". Do yo think it's possible ? or am I just wasting good practice time on one head?

Or not using my own.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

i saw a guy in town shoot the slicks and they shot well but man they look tiny. i have seen many adds that claim there broad heads will shoot like field points but i find it hard to believe for every bow. using mechanicals for myself like the spitfires and the grim reapers have always flown like my field points and blood trails were incredible but bone crushers they arent. magnus made the claim years ago so i might try those when im ready to use a fixed blade that can be resharpened. BOTTOM LINE DONT GET CAUGHT IN THE HYPE. use what you have that works well and when your curious give something new a try and not because its the talk of the town.

Quick Reply: Slick Trick mania

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.