Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Thermacell

Old 07-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default The Thermacell

Guy's my wife gave me a gift certificate for Christmas this past winter ,so today I was visiting my local archery shop and they had just got a shipment in of the Thermacell's ,being an outdoor's person I figured this would be a good thing to have on those early fall or summer fishing trip's and hunting trip's .I';ve heard that the thermacell really work's well ,but I'm a little unsure about it being as good as I've heard .
Can anyone tell me what they think of the thermacell,Does it work well? or is it just another piece of equipment that won't get used ?.

nubo
Old 07-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Thermacell

Simply the most awesome peice of hunting equipment made for repelling them nasty sketters... I have owned a couple of them and they work unbelievably great..
Old 07-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whats a thermacell ?
Old 07-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Terry1

Let's just say it'll keep the bug's off your dead nut's LMAO

nubo
Old 07-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I won't go hunting where there are bugs again with out one. Absolutely the best product made for repelling biting mosquitoes. I was skeptical at first also but I am here to tell you that they absolutely work.

Get into a tree stand or at one of your fishing holes with it on. Then turn it off and be prepared to turn it back on within just a few minutes.

I did that last year hunting in Alabama in a tree stand 25 feet up. I thought...... I'm high enough away from the skeeters I can turn this off. So I turned it off and within a couple of minutes I was being swarmed. I immediately turned it back on and soon they were completely gone again.

Terry, here is their link.
http://www.mosquitorepellent.com/
Old 07-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

If this contraption really works it worth its weight in gold! Does it spook game with noise or smell ?
Old 07-11-2005, 09:39 PM

It is the best thing to have in the woods. I hunt the swamps in Fl and you don't go in there without a Thermacell! I love Mine I have 4 now I keep one in my truck one in my hunting backpack one in my turkey vest and one on my climber. They do not spook game. Well not deer or turkeys. This past spring I had mine on turkey hunting and I had 5 deer walk with in 3-4 yards of me. I killed a turkey 10 steps away. They are Great!
Old 07-11-2005, 09:44 PM

wont go into the swamp without one again PERIOD.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

It sure sound's as though I've made a darn good choice on a really good piece of equipment .Thank's so much for your replies guy's I certainly appreciate your comment's on the thermacell.I think it'll definately come in handy on the Bear hunt latewr this summer and then in Sept on the archery moose hunt .As I understand it you's can use the thermacell in your treestand ,and that's definately good new's . Boy Terry! I'll be bug free while we're at your hunt camp .What about you LOL

nubo

Old 07-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ordered two and am exited to try them out. I have heard NOTHING but good reviews from folks that have used them. I never even heard of this until this year. Kinda weird.

Quick Reply: The Thermacell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.