Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Quicktune drop away rests

Old 08-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Quicktune drop away rests

Does it make the noise when you simply pull on the cable?

Does it make the noise when you draw the bow without an arrow nocked?

If you said yes to either of these then it is inside the rest. A small drop of oil will probably take care of the problem but you could also call NAP and I bet they will send you a new on ASAP.

Are you absolutely 100% sure it is the rest. Could it be the cable slide?

Old 08-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

OMG it actually does make that squeak when I draw back without a arrow. I guess it never even crossed my mind. I was convinced it was the arrow hitting the forks. It sounds exactly the carbon getting scraped. But it's not, it is the rest.
That's why you guys are here to think of the stuff we SHOULD think of first but fail to.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now that we have eleminated that variable.

Pull on the rests steel cable with your fingers to raise the forks but do not draw the bow. Does it still make the noise?
Old 08-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now I oiled up the moving parts on the fork arm and it is still squeaking is there somewhere I should be oiling that I am not? I see no other place where anything rotates or moves besides there?
Old 08-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

No it does not squeak when doing it woth my fingers. Could it be the clip around the 2 strings? It looks as if some of the wax is scuffed up on the string where that clip is.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

If it does not squeak when pulling it with your hand then it isn't the rest. I bet it is your cable slide. If wax gets between the slide and the rod then the slide will chatter. And when you draw your bow it sounds as if you raked your finger nail along the teeth of a hair comb. Take it off and clean the inside of the cable slide and also clean the cable guard rod itself.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:49 PM

electrical tape or black hockey tape work great
Old 08-18-2005, 10:53 PM

two of my buddies have the 2000 & 4000 and i have shot both of their bows and asked them what the noise is. I wonder if it is just how they are
Old 08-19-2005, 01:26 PM
JR1

I've been using the 2000 for almost 4 years and I've never had a peep out of it. Wish I could help you out, but just wanted to point out that this doesn't happen with all of them.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:21 AM
Typical Buck

My 4000 is completely silent.but I shoot aluminum and just wipe my arrows down with denatured alcohol. My 4000 is used right out of the box, NO modifications.

Quick Reply: Quicktune drop away rests

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.