Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Anyone use the VBG arrows or drop away rest??? >

Anyone use the VBG arrows or drop away rest???

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Anyone use the VBG arrows or drop away rest???

Old 06-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default Anyone use the VBG arrows or drop away rest???

I was looking at the vital bow gear site www.vitalbowgear.comand they have an interesting drop away rest and carbon arrows. I have their Proslide sight and I love it. I was wondering if anyone has used these products or heard anything about them.
Thanks
Tom
Old 06-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone use the VBG arrows or drop away rest???

Me and my gf both have the vbg drop-away rest. After one full season including thousands of practice shots I can say it has worked wonderfully. It has an arrow holder built into it that works well and keeping your arrow set and it pulls back without a hitch as long as it is aligned properly which is not hard to do. It's my first and only dropaway so I cannot compare it to others but it certainly improved our accuracy. I would say my groups improved by at least five yards........dabow
Old 06-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I to shoot a Pro Slide and I also shoot their Ultimate fall away rest. Both work flawlessly and jeeeesh that pin is bright on the Pro Slide. I love mine.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:34 PM

i really like vbg products. i used to shoot the drop way but i didn't like how the arrow had to sit above the berger hole in the up position. it also has a lot of moving parts, but it did work well. the little arrow holder started not coming back correctly, and then i started messing with it, and that was the beginning of the end of that. when i finally figured out how it was suppose to go back together it still wouldn't go completely into the 'out of the way' position. they are pretty complicated. the newer drop away looks wild. i'm pretty sure the guy who designs them is a rocket scientist - literally, no really, literally. his name is ben.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

I have been shooting the VBG arrows since they were SME Epsilons. They are a very tough arrow and give me more than enough accuracy for my hunting rig, and even 3D shooting. They are very consistent in spine and I have yet to get one that does not group, as I have had with other arrow vendors. The one thing I like about them is the finish is very slick. Probably the highest gloss of any arrow I have seen. It makes for a very quiet draw (this is especially true if you shoot a WB!).

Even though I have arrows from just about every other manufacturer I still choose the VBG arrows when going out hunting.

One thing you need to be aware of is that the VBG arrows are spined a little on the stiff side. The Gladiators have a .385 spine and the Warriors have a .330 spine. This essentially means you can shoot the Gladiators (8.3 gpi) from a higher poundage bow and still be spined correctly, where with something like a Beman or Easton carbon, you would be shooting the .340s and leaving them longer or having a heavier tip.