Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

AR34 vs Mathews Legacy

Old 06-15-2005, 04:15 PM

Default AR34 vs Mathews Legacy

Just whining my way into controversy. Shot the Legacy for a friend as he is a Lefty and was setting up the Legacy for another friend. Nice bow, as nice as my AR, as nice as my PSE. As nice as any other bow out there regardless of who made it. They are ALL great bows. How good you shoot is how good you shoot what you like is what you like. How much you spend is your personal choice not a ticket to the wonderful world of compound bows. I like the parker line of bows and the new Bear SQ2, just look good to me.

Okay I'm done
Old 06-16-2005, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: AR34 vs Mathews Legacy

I love my Legacy, I have robin hooded 2 arrows with it now and I can't tell you how many nocks I have broke. This is my second Mathews and my father has had 3 of them. We have not had a problem with any of them, they have all been exellent bows. The way I look at it, with all the money I have invested in hunting, spending the extra money on a top of the line bow is worth it. If you have the bow for 4 years it is not much different than buying a new truck every 5 or 6 years and you don't loose as much money. Look how many people spend $500-$700 on a new deer rifle and many of them put a $300-$600 scope on it. It is more important to have a good bow than it is to have a good rifle, though both are important.

The most important thing is to get a bow that fits you and you enjoy shooting. Price should not be the largest factor in determining your next bow.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:18 PM

Default RE: AR34 vs Mathews Legacy

Bottom line is regardless of maker they are all top of the line bows.