Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ameristep blinds

Old 05-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ameristep blinds

I would love a double bull but it is way out of my price range. I found a couple of ameristeps in cabelas for 149. one is the penthouse and the other is the roundhouse. ANyone heve one or used one? Any comments besides buy a matrix?
Old 05-17-2005, 03:25 PM

Default RE: Ameristep blinds

have not used those particular models but my bro in MI let me use his. It is a Cabelas full draw blind. LOVED it. got a doe 1st time in it. It was, however in a fence row and had been there for about 3 or 4 days. Not sure about the price but i remember thinking "wow, thats cheap" Good luck
standingbear
Old 05-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have used an ameristep penthouse for about four years now
great service no complaints lots of turkeys and a few deer!
Old 05-19-2005, 05:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have the Penthouse model as well as some of their others. The Penthouse has been their largest offering (though that may have changed in the last year or so). I remember hearing one guy saying the he would actually hide his ATV inside of it. I have only had a few occassions where I needed to use a blind of that size but it did work quite well on those occassions.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:14 AM

I also use an ameristep blind. I use the outhouse. It has been great for me. I would not hesitate to buy an ameristep again.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still a D--- good blind!

Old 05-21-2005, 06:04 PM

I like the Ameristep blinds, I just don't have enough room. I went with a Trophy Den, from Hunters View. I love it. Hub style blind, at a fraction of the cost. Also was just looking in the Cabelas archery catalog, and there are several new ones to choose from. Look it over. It is a growing market.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:54 PM

I have the Doghouse, and it is too small for use with a bow. I just don't have room to comfortably come to full draw without constantly paying attention to whether I am going to bump into the sides.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

I have the doghouse and it works very well. Me and Carp were turkey hunting and we had a doe walk down a trail about 85 yards away and never looked at us. Later that same day we had a doe walk by at about 45 yards and she never looked up until she heard me snap my binoc caps, then she circled us and got to within 15 yards. She didn't know what we were but she couldn't figure it out so she left.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I've used an Outhouseā„¢ blind for about 5 years for gun only and I've been very pleased with it . I also have a Guide Gear knock-off of the Roundhouse blind which works pretty well for bow hunting , even my 58" recurve . IMHO the DBs are both vastly overrated and outrageously overpriced . That wierd pattern they use sticks out like a sore thumb in my terrain .

Quick Reply: Ameristep blinds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.