Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ameristep blinds

Old 07-05-2005, 05:50 PM

Default RE: Ameristep blinds

Do you use the blinds that are lined with carbon or do you watch the wind?(TSC Total Scent Containment)They cost 30 to 35 dollars more for the TSC
Old 07-06-2005, 04:12 AM
Dominant Buck

None of mine are carbon lined , they just have the black interior . I do use a cover scent on the outside though , usually earth or acorn , and it seems to work .
Old 07-06-2005, 01:51 PM

The brickhouse I have came with the TSC stuff but I never use it. It's got a blackend interior and I wear black when inside it. Instead of messing with the plastic window coverings, I just try to set it downwind of where I think critters are going to be. I spray a little Scent Away on myself and the blind when I set up and it works just fine.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

I have four Ameristep Brickhouse blinds that I use at various places, they are the same size as the DB blinds.... and have aluminun hubs also, as fror the TSC system, always play the wind in your favor... but I love my blinds..
Old 07-09-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Do you leave them up so the deer get use to them?

I hunt on public land so I can't leave a blind up.I've never used one but was thinking about getting one.
I imagine it would work great for turkey hunting but don't know how deer would react to it.
Has anyone used a blind for deer hunting and moved it every day?Thanks
Old 07-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Do you leave them up so the deer get use to them?

ORIGINAL: vikingvictory

I hunt on public land so I can't leave a blind up.I've never used one but was thinking about getting one.
I imagine it would work great for turkey hunting but don't know how deer would react to it.
Has anyone used a blind for deer hunting and moved it every day?Thanks
I have. I've been known to set up in a different place every day , and I see deer just about every time . They spook a little at first sight sometimes, but the lack of movement generally calms them down fairly quickly .
Old 07-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Do you leave them up so the deer get use to them?

I have both the TSC and standard model of the Doghouse. I didn't buy the TSC model because of the scent containment so much as to determine if the extra 8 inches of width allowed for substantially more drawing clearance inside the blind. I feel the standard models offer sufficient scent protection provided you take the proper precautions.