Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Thinking about carpfishing >

Thinking about carpfishing

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Thinking about carpfishing

Old 02-25-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Thinking about carpfishing

I have this old bow, it was my brothers from when he was a kid (A big kid to the point that I finally grew into the draw he shot as a 14 year old and I'm 30.). It is and old Browning Nomad XL deluxe or something like that... Does anyone ever just walk the small agriculutral ditches in the sprin when the carp are in there pretty thick? I have about a mile long run thar runs through my property and I'm thinking it might be a nice afternoon distraction during May... Probably a bit like shooting fish in a barrel but... oh well.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thinking about carpfishing

That bow will work great! get it set-up and have a blast!

Aim - Low and good luck!
Old 02-27-2005, 09:32 PM

man I'm jealous... I'd love to have a set up like that... talk about a target rich environment... get set up and enjoy it while you can...
Old 02-27-2005, 11:28 PM

Its a feeder ditch, actually about 1.5 miles with 1 mile being completely surronded...The big but about the whole place is that it needs to rain a lot in the spring for it to fill up good. in 2000, when we moved in there I saw a lot of carp down there, neeighbor told me they even came up a couple of drainage tiles and were in the fields for a few days. But last year we got no rain in the spring and areas that are usually 3-4 acres of water about 1-2 feet deep were dry.It's been wet so far but.... Otherwise I can walk the Hennepin canal sometime but that will be a lot leg work...

This year is looking like it will be good as the water is already in there pretty good, but a dry March and April will make the water go away in a hurry. I bowfished a long time ago, when I was a kid and it was fun, didn't have a lot of luck but it was fun...
Old 03-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a recurve and it has a stabelizer hole so i coulkdnt use the ams reel[:@] but its at 45 and we r shooting in schoolthe bows are about 25 . whats a good weight for shoot carp with