Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 favorite arrows/ tips >

favorite arrows/ tips

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

favorite arrows/ tips

Old 02-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default favorite arrows/ tips

my roommates and i have been arguing about the best arrows and tips. i really like the muzzy predator arrows with a muzzy tips. what do you guys think?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: favorite arrows/ tips

Whatever sticks fish and gets em in the boat. I prefer standard arrows with muzzy tips. Cheap andeasy fish removal with few losses.WCL
Old 02-19-2009, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

yellow jackets and piranah tips
Old 02-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

yellow jackets and cajun piranahs. the muzzy predator arrows are waaayyy over priced....
Old 03-13-2009, 05:28 AM

I like the Garpon tips. The negative is it takes longer to remove the arrows and in rare cases they can bend and you have to fix it. But I have way less fish pull off with these tips. Where I usually bowfish I don't get too many shots so I want to make the most out of every hit, especially when I shoot a big one!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have some homemade arrows with a fish head I got from Bass pro. These were cheap driveway markers for the shaft. The arrows work well but I fashoned a slide on them so they don't hang up when they fire. I also have a muzzy arrow with muzzy head. I just posted about a grass carp I got today with them. It broke the tip off the homade arrow's head. To be clear this is a store bought head but I have no clue what kind. The barb seemed flimsy as it broke first thing. But it was a huge carp. The muzzy head never had a problem. If I can get the muzzy heads or something like it I'll put them on my homemade fish arrows but these I have on them aren't good enough. Seems to me to be all about a strong head. Especialy if I can make the arrows out of orange driveway makers from home depot.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only people who like muzzy tips are the ones who have never tried Penetrator shur shots. The muzzy are good strong tips, i just do not like the fact that you HAVE To get to the tip to reverse the barbs. If you just stick a fish, you have to push the point through to get to the tip to turn it. Where with a sure shot if the arrow is still in the fish. Just turn it a couple of times and the barbs will reverse. As far as I know i have never lost a fish from it turning the shaft and reversing the barbs. There are other great tips. If Buffalo hunter and Slim like Yellow jackets and cajan Piranas they must be some great tips. These guys shoot a lot of fish and know what they are talking about.