Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Buffs in the corn fields >

Buffs in the corn fields

Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Buffs in the corn fields

Old 04-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Buffs in the corn fields

So the rivers are out of their banks, and that means the fish too aparently. I didnt participate in this but my brother did. The buffalo were spawning all over a flooded cornfield, three of them shot an estimated 200 fish in 3 hours. Everything was in 2-3 feet of water, they just strapped on the chest waders. The largest one they kept (great eating fish) tipped the scales at 34 lbs....with four others within a few pounds. I have only shot a few buff before...wish I was there[].
Old 04-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buffs in the corn fields

dang... tell them they did a good job!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:07 PM

haha you eat those nasty chineese bastards? my buddy just shot a 38 pound bogmouth buffalo... i wouldnt even think of eating that thing!
Old 04-29-2008, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CanadaSlammer69

haha you eat those nasty chineese bastards? my buddy just shot a 38 pound bogmouth buffalo... i wouldnt even think of eating that thing!
Buffs are native to America dude. And I hear they taste great, as Joe said. Have you ever tried them?
Old 04-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowman15

ORIGINAL: CanadaSlammer69

Buffs are native to America dude. And I hear they taste great, as Joe said. Have you ever tried them?
x2 I was not talking about Asian Carp(or whatever CS was talking about), which I have also tried (now those are nasty to me).

There are several types of Buffalo (Bigmouth, Black, ect) native to North America and they are heavily targeted by commercial fishing because they are large and taste great! I have never seen buffalo marketed however, so I wager a lot of 'catfish' people eat fried in restraunts is actually buff....
Old 04-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shootin. The lil 6-12 lbers are the best eatin though. Those fish are to big to eat IMO. WCL
Old 04-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs

Nice shootin. The lil 6-12 lbers are the best eatin though. Those fish are to big to eat IMO. WCL
To be honest, I have never eaten one as big as they shot. I have eaten plenty of the smaller sizes tho so I will have to compare. Maybe they should have kept the small ones.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:06 PM

oh man now i feel like an idiot haha... i just assumed that since they were so damn ugly they had to have come from somewhere else. thanks for setting me strait guys although i think it would have been better if i had never learned this.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Let us know how they taste. Never eaten one before, just figured they were nasty like the carp. I would love to find a species of fish you can bowfish that was worth eating.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow that looks fun

Quick Reply: Buffs in the corn fields

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.