Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 So, how many times has this happened to you? >

So, how many times has this happened to you?

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

So, how many times has this happened to you?

Old 04-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default So, how many times has this happened to you?

You're bowfishing off of a high bank and business is slow. Suddenly, up pops a big turtle at an impossible distance.

You're thinkin' "Well, why not? Just for practice, won't hit him anyway..."

Hold over, let fly and "CRACK!"... No no no! dead center and I didn't bring a hatchet!

Or another scenario, hunting the edge of some thick cattails and out swims a big,nasty watersnake who seems bent on terrorizing the fish under your protection...

"Just for practice" you're thinking, "Gonna miss him clean, just watch, too far out".... "Sproing!--SPLAATT!"... NOOOoooo! Why!!!!

End result is one PO'ed snake, gut-shot and waay up on the string. That's gonna' be fun to sort out.

Had days like that? Can't hit a 12 lb carp four feet away to save your hide, but a 50 yd turtle ain't got a chance, not to mention a cottonmouth... you're pure death-from-above on cottonmouths. Couldn't miss if you tried...

Brush Popper
Old 04-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So, how many times has this happened to you?

You're bowfishing off of a high bank and business is slow. Suddenly, up pops a big turtle at an impossible distance.

You're thinkin' "Well, why not? Just for practice, won't hit him anyway..."

Hold over, let fly and "CRACK!"... No no no! dead center and I didn't bring a hatchet!
Once and I won't make it again.

Or another scenario, hunting the edge of some thick cattails and out swims a big,nasty watersnake who seems bent on terrorizing the fish under your protection...

"Just for practice" you're thinking, "Gonna miss him clean, just watch, too far out".... "Sproing!--SPLAATT!"... NOOOoooo! Why!!!!

End result is one PO'ed snake, gut-shot and waay up on the string. That's gonna' be fun to sort out.
Nope, seen a buddy do it though. By the time he got it in the boat I was on the bank