Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Went out today

Old 04-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Went out today

me and a friend of mine went out today to a lake that i knew had some offshoots that we could shoot. we took my friends little 14 foot flat bottom boat. we got out there then all the sudden we could see ripples and clouds of mud everywhere, but we couldnt see the fish, too deep. we start driving around and then we started to see the fish. but we would see em way out ahead of us and before we could get close enough for a shot they'd run. we decided to jus get out and walk far back into the little crick thingy and my friend saw one, my friend went to shoot at it(he has one of the older reels that you have to wrap around yourself) and when he shot the string got caught on somethin and it came flyin back at him and jus nicked the side of him, no blood not even a scratch luckily. well i got a shot but hit low and missed. so we jus kept on walkin and it started to get deep and cold(we didnt have waders with us), it started touchin the you-know-wut parts so we decided to turn around. i told him i saw another little spot that we could check real quick. so we go back and check this little pool(it was almost land locked) we get in there and we start seein em. we start flingin the arrows and we got 6 out of prolly 9 or 10, the other ones that we missed managed to make there way out of there and got away. all in all...not a bad day. sorry for the long post but we had a good ole time
Old 04-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Went out today

nice job six less swimming around
Old 04-22-2007, 04:34 PM

Nice job. Were you fishing during the day or in the evening?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

we were shootin during the day. that day was when i learned jus how good polarized sunglasses work too.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job.
Sometimes you just need to keep moving until you find them.

Yeah, you won't have much of a chance without the polarized glasses.