Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Bowfishers of Ohio start up meeting... >

Bowfishers of Ohio start up meeting...

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Bowfishers of Ohio start up meeting...

Old 02-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Spike

Default Bowfishers of Ohio start up meeting...

The meeting will be at Gander Mountain in Reynoldsburg on April 7th at 6 pm. It's located off I-70 at the st.rt.256 exit reynoldsburg, across from the Walmart. Most of you know where this is, if not pm me and I'll give directions. I talked to the manager and he said I can put flyers in the store and he will put the meeting on the Gander Mountain website along with their ads they put in the Columbus Dispatch. I'm going to post this on several sites. I will need help and ideas with this to get it off the ground so all input is gladly accepted. Hope to see you there!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowfishers of Ohio start up meeting...

Sounds likea winner Clarence.

Definitely bring the gear for new guys to see and so current shooters can see equipment alternatives. I'd also suggest knowing off the top of your head what BF equipment Gander stocks regularly, and get contact info from everybody who shows, so you can follow up with them since many new guys need to be taken out once or twice to really get rolling.

I remember you saying that you've got some good spots out there in the big-O state, so maybe you could even have location info to hand out to guys who know what to do, but need a place to go.

Good luck buddy.
I should be out there myself in the springaround Easter.
I'll take you up on your offer to show me around.

-Bulz
Old 02-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck Clarence! Let me know if I can help with anything.

What part of Ohio are you in? I drove through a tiny part of Ohio today. (in Kentucky right now)

Old 02-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Clarence, I doubt if I can make it in April, but I would like to help you get going. Let us know what we can do. Will you accept members from Illinois?
Bulzeye has some great ideas.
Good luck.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Spike

Bulz that would great to see you over this way. Those are great ideas about keeping in touch with all the newbies. I did plan on bringing a few bows set up differently for them to see. Also i would love to have members from your way and I will see about getting some your way. I'm going to become a member here very soon. I know you guys may not beable to make it, but your support shows me that you guys have my back. Thanks!!