Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Team Fitzgerald

Old 08-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Team Fitzgerald

On Team Fitzgerald on The Outdoor Channel they were bowfishing.

The rest they were using with there rigs was what they use for hunting. QAD Ultra rest.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team Fitzgerald

I wouldn't use my everyday hunting bow for bowfishing...ever. But those guys get their bows and other equipment from those sponsors, so what the heck, ya know? I watched it too. I felt pretty squeemish when Guy was tying to the the back of the arrow and showing how he makes sure there is a bunch of line dangling to keep things from getting tangled. All that stuff in way with the dropaway cord, not to mention making sure it falls completely out of the way for that bowfishing arrow that is waaaaaay heavier than his hunting arrows, the roller guard on that Mathews, etc. Looked like the fine makin's for a snap-back IMO. But, whatever works for them. I still like their shows.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:47 AM

I sent them an e-mail with my concern for the way Guy showed how they shoot along with the link to the AMS warning. I told them alot of people look to them for guidance, and they should do a show and state that as casual bowfishermen they were not aware of snapbacksand that itis not safe for an AMS user and that slides or rings should always be used.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

I too thought some of things guy was saying was a little off like the way he was letting so much line hang off the bow while drawing....looked like a hassle inhte making.....but i still think those guys are great like the shows and videos...