Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Aim Low Stingrays >

Aim Low Stingrays

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Aim Low Stingrays

Old 08-03-2006, 07:06 AM

Default Aim Low Stingrays

Got back from the east coast Tuesday. Met up with syoung and had a great time and got some excellent video. You can read about the trip at http://www.aimlowproductions.com/journals_bowfishing.shtml. Here is one of the bigger southerns of the trip, right at 55 lbs.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Aim Low Stingrays

Very nice.
How deep were they?
Did you use your boat in the salt water?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:53 AM

Most were about 2 feet deep. Yep, we used my boat. Flushed the outboard for 15 minutes yesterday and will take the troller apart tonight and clean. The whole boat is covered in salt and ray blood, so it will be a big job cleaning it.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, make sure Keith does a good job.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Old 08-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Nice Journal. I'm jealous.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool trip and story!

Hey, I also read in another part of the journal that you're using the lumenocks now. I've thought about trying them. Do they fit in the Uni-nock adapters, or do you need something else?
Old 08-03-2006, 12:21 PM

They fit the uni nock adapters, but you have to drill them out and into the arrow a bit. We don't have it all perfect yet. They work great for a few shots then get harder to stay lit, I guess because they loose their good contact. Oh ya, you have to sand the top edge of the adapter so it is not gold anymore.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:52 PM

I think that ray look familiar! I think Mike missed him. That was funny I told you that you would kill one before you got a chance to meet us by the island! There were a ton of them there for sure. Great time with y'all.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:57 PM

I've been bowfishing shark and stingrays for years in the Chincoteague, VA area. They are a blast. I was looking at some of your pics and happen to think I noticed a compound bowlaying on the deck of the boat did you guys use compounds in Saltwater? If you did you might regret that move. 2 guys my dad used to bowfish for rays with brought their brand new compound on one trip and needless to say it was the last time they ever used them. Well looks like you guys had a blast.

Quick Reply: Aim Low Stingrays

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.