Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 First ray hunt in Delaware >

First ray hunt in Delaware

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

First ray hunt in Delaware

Old 08-03-2006, 02:04 PM

Default RE: First ray hunt in Delaware

carpsniper they are fun. I don't shoot too many southerns anymore due to the price of fuel I only go if someone is comming for a trip. Delaware is much better since it is half the drive. I shoot tons of cownose while I am crabbing. They are always just cruising around. We boated close to 20 last weekend, and I only shot one. I let Reel EZ 36 and Deadeye do all the shooting. I will only shoot a 70lb+ myself for the most part.
I was talking to the head of enforcement and they are going to take it infront of the next public hearing. I offered my services, since I have alot of reasearch showing impact studies of rays feeding. They said it will take 4 months, so we will have it the rest of the summer for sure. If it passes it will open up almost all salt water fish to bowfishing. They want to give bowfishermen the same fish that would be legal to spearfishermen..