Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

platforms

Old 05-10-2006, 07:56 AM

Default platforms

how would you guys recommend building a platform out of alluminum and the floor dimond plate (i no it expensive) but what about the generators i have 2 2000 watt generators and i want to run 8 hologen loghts off of them 1. can i do that 2. what about the noise 3. how do u guys have your setup
Old 05-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: platforms

Kask,

Is there anyway you can make it to the Shelbyville shoot on May 20-21st?
You'll get to see several boat setups there.

What kind of generators are they? Newer 'honda clone' generators are fairly cheap and not too loud. (about 74dB at 10 ft). You can quiet a generator down by putting a better muffler on it and/or putting it in a box. (you still need good ventilation for the genny or it will fry in the box)

Several people use aluminum for platforms. The trick is welding it. You could probably drill it and bolt it together too. Might be a bit noisy but should hold up.

To run the lights off two generators, just run four of them on one. Don't run four 500watt bulbs on a 2000 watt genny though. You only want to use about 80% of your genny's output on a steady basis. Too hard on the generator otherwise. If you put the 350 or 225 watt 'ultra' bulbs in you'll be fine.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are a few pics that show a few of the setups...

http://www.illinoisbowfishers.com/ClickGallery/view_gallery.asp?gallery_id=451&currentpage=1& amp;parentcurrentpage=1

It's tough to see all the nitty gritty details from pics, so it is best to see them in person. I have yet to meet a bowfisherman who was unwilling to go on and on about their boat's features, and I have never seen two alike.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

If you can't get that link to open.. Go to http://www.illinoisbowfishers.com and click on photo gallery. In the 'Bowfishing' section there is a 'bowfishing boats' section.

The photo gallery is an add-on .asp doohickey, it's hard to link to. [:@]
Old 05-10-2006, 02:04 PM

well the money i get with my old boat im buying the aluminum 579.37 pretty expensive but hopfuly it will look real mean when im done my cousin is a aluminum welder so thats not the problem

generators 2 buffalo tools 2000 watt gens.

so i should wsithch the light bulbs out kendall when you coming down to shoot some big heads im hoping to have my platform on and running by the shelbyville shoot. so far so good going out saturday afternoon to shoot some in the day i got pics but they are on jeni's camera so we will wait till after this week end and then put a alot on