Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Look what Texas Lawmakers have done, >

Look what Texas Lawmakers have done,

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Look what Texas Lawmakers have done,

Old 03-31-2006, 05:41 AM

Default Look what Texas Lawmakers have done,

Texas law makers have taken 9 more county,s away from us,
[*]possess, shoot or hunt with a firearm, bow and arrow, or crossbow on all land area and water in the Aransas and Poesta Rivers in BEE County; on all of the land area and public water in the state-owned riverbeds of LA SALLE or MCMULLEN counties; and on all of the land area and public water in the state-owned riverbeds of the Nueces, Frio and Atascosa rivers in LIVE OAK County; except for waterfowl hunting on any reservoir (existing or to be constructed) owned, operated, or maintained by a government entity.[*]NEW LAW: It is against the law to discharge a firearm or shoot an arrow in or on the bed or bank of a navigable stream in DIMMIT, EDWARDS, FRIO, KENEDY, LLANO, MAVERICK, REAL, UVALDE, or ZAVALA counties, or discharge or shoot an arrow that could physically contact the bed or bank of a navigable stream in these counties. This law does not apply to shotguns loaded with shot, including buckshot. A shotgun slug is prohibited.[*]hunt on water of Stillhouse Reservoir or land adjacent to the reservoir owned by the federal government in BELL County, except for game birds hunted with a shotgun. A hunter must be 600 feet from the nearest private property line.[*]discharge any firearm or shoot any crossbow or bow and arrow on, along, or across the waters of Oyster Bayou in CHAMBERS County from State Hwy. 65 south to the mouth of Oyster Bayou in the East Bay.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Look what Texas Lawmakers have done,

What was their motivation for this ?
Normally a "no discharge" ordinance is enacted in heavily populated areas such as urban , none of those places sound like they're heavily populated . Dayum ! It's hard enough to get a place to hunt down there without pols stealing your remaining opportunity . I considered moving down there once , the lack of hunting availability other than expensive leasing killed that for me .
Old 03-31-2006, 05:09 PM
Spike

Hey STBF You moonlighting? What happened to everyone at our other forum?

Robert

http://hometown.aol.com/texbowhunter316/myhomepage/huntfish.html
Old 04-01-2006, 04:37 AM

No,some one sent this in my email,looks like a cool board,i like it here,
Old 04-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Spike

Sure does seem like it to me too.

Robert

http://hometown.aol.com/texbowhunter316/myhomepage/huntfish.html