Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 need a list of different inline manufactors... >

need a list of different inline manufactors...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

need a list of different inline manufactors...

Old 05-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: need a list of different inline manufactors...

Frankly, you will be hard pressed to find most muzzleloaders sitting in one shop to try.

Many shops will have the staple inline MFG's: Thompson/Center, Knight, Austin/Halleck, CVA and Traditions.
If you can get your co-worker to a Cabela's, they will likely have a larger variety of both In-line and traditionally styled ML's for the handling.

Here is a good list as well. About 70% of these are semi or custom traditional styles, but there are also inline MFG's as well.

http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/ub...0&page=0#13134

Other links for price references;
www.cabelas.com
www.midsouthshooterssupply.com
www.dixiegun.com

Regardless of beginner or not, budget is really the second issue other than feel/handling preference as this will pretty much tailor what you walk out of the store with. Also, don't forget optics if desired and incidentals (powder, primers/caps, cleaning supplies, accessories, projectiles, and so on).

I would suggest starting without optics at first as that will only complicate the getting started with ML task.

I would say the Omega is a fine choice for likely the last inline you would ever need. The Encore is much more expensive, but if your friend likes centerfire, then the Encore might be the best choice as he could get centerfire barrels as well.

Hard to argue with Thompson/Center quality, support and warranty. Knight Elite or Wolverine would also be a fine choice.

Also mentioned, don't discount a traditionally styled ML either. These are a huge amount of fun, very effective and almost as easy to maintain.

Lastly, just to get his feet wet with a low end inline or traditional ML might not be a bad idea. No optics, just get the low end model that he likes the handling of and kick the tires.
In the event that ML is not his thing, he won't have huge money tied up in one. Also used can be a good way to go for the first ML. There are many nice ML's in shops for reasonable prices.

Once you narrow things down to specific styles, use the search utility here to flush out details about specific models and manufacturers.

Good luck!
Old 05-05-2005, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

What no thank you for me I taught you to fish, they just gave you a fish for the day. You know what they say.
Your absolutely right--I do owe you a thank you. And by the way that fish up-side my head tasted realllllllll gooooood.

As a side note--this young man is 24 years old and has decided to go with the T/C Encore. Since I've never talked to him and am getting it from his mother I told her that that was an excellent choice.

Paul
Old 05-05-2005, 04:22 PM
bigcountry

decided to go with the T/C Encore. Since I've never talked to him and am getting it from his mother I told her that that was an excellent choice
Well, you sure can't go wrong with an Encore. If he doesnt like the blackpowder aspect, always find traders for a centerfire.

Old 05-05-2005, 06:42 PM

thank you big-country