Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 In a Quandry--T/C Omega and No Excuse Connicals >

In a Quandry--T/C Omega and No Excuse Connicals

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

In a Quandry--T/C Omega and No Excuse Connicals

Old 04-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: In a Quandry--T/C Omega and No Excuse Connicals

I never shot BM3 yet. But as for 70 grains and anything ... will kill deer out to 100 yards if you can place your shot. You put that big conical into the works of a deer and it will put them down.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

This may be a bit late but i just read your post.PR Bullet no longer lists their E-mail on the web site,but it is on their [email protected].

Charlie
Old 04-04-2005, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Chasam60

This may be a bit late but i just read your post.PR Bullet no longer lists their E-mail on the web site,but it is on their [email protected].

Charlie
Thanks, but the moment has passed. I've decided that its not worth my time or frustration to deal with that jerk. I'll deal with people like Dave from No Excuse or Mark from huntermans boolets.

Paul
Old 04-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

Paul,

As far as getting the different weight bullets to shoot to the same point of impact - Absolutely you can. If you look at my post from last month where I chronographed all those different loads - all of the different loads hit within a 2" group (and I wasn't concentrating on accuracy at all). I had worked all those loads up in the past to hit the approximate same POI without the benefit of a chrony. I always had a working theory that all those loads (especially the sabots) were travelling within 100fps of each other........and the chrony proved my hypothesis correct.

So basically, at least in my gun - and I imagine in MOST inlines at least, if your different loads are running close to the same muzzle velocity, you will get a near identical POI at LEAST out to 75yds - depending on the ballistics of each individual bullet.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:57 PM

Thanks Mark. Right now the Omega is sighted in at 2" high at 50 yards, but that is with the 295 AT powerbelts. The 460's are about 165 grains heavier and should put me on the paper using 75-85 grains of BM3. I'll start with 75 as supposedly the BM has more velocity. (so I'm told) Once sighted in at 50 I'll start increasing the powder until the bullets open up or my shoulder cannot take it. I won't go higher than 90 grains of powder.

So starting at 70 grains should give me a good place to sight in my No Excuse. Once that is done I'll clean up the rifle real good and start shooting the 300 grain sabots from HM boolets. Working the powder up until the POI is the same at 50 yards should be good out to 100. Thats my theory and hopefully I'll stick to it. I'll post my results on Saturday evening or Sunday.

Paul