Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

NEW GUN

Old 03-03-2005, 01:05 PM

Default NEW GUN

Any one have any thing good to say on the smokeless guns (savage)? I have a 209 encore, and would like not having to change out.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:37 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: NEW GUN

Savage is a great gun that has more of everything in the ML world.

Old 03-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Dominant Buck

What's wrong with your Encore? That is one of the best made muzzleloaders made. If all your after is the smokeless aspect then the Savage is for you. If it is accuracy you're after, I think you can do as well with the Encore as you can with the Savage once you find the right projectile...
Old 03-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a search feature at this website. Click RIGHT HERE to read a recent thread on the Savage.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:02 AM

My encore is great. Very accurate and love the feel. I only have one action thats the problem. Not to much to change from one to the other. But one week muzzel loader next day rifle. I like to shoot mine before i go to the woods. I guess I should just buy another action. I realy like the less cleaning of the smokeless powder. Havent had to ajust the scope in three years seems to stay zeroed. How much is a stainless encore action by itself? And from who?