Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Cheap powder at Walmart! >

Cheap powder at Walmart!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cheap powder at Walmart!

Old 02-28-2005, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Cheap powder at Walmart!

Bought a pound of Pyrodex RS for $10 on clearance!!! I'll have to go back and get more.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cheap powder at Walmart!

If your WalMart still has muzzleloading supplies at this time (around March 1st)... don't be surprised to see the store discontinue muzzleloading supplies forever.

That's been the latest pattern with individual WalMarts across America the last 1-1/2 years. If it does'nt sell reasonably fast... it's gone for good. Two of three Wallys in my neck of the sprawl have discontinued MLs and supplies. The remaining one kept a low inventory from August to January of this year. As a result, no supersales ever came to be. That store is very borderline status to renew their ML merchandise this upcoming August.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

I recently got the same discount on 30 gr pellets 11 or 12 $ a box of 50. lots of other ML stuff and other seasonal goodies.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Dominant Buck

I checked the hunting section of our Wal Mart today for any black powder stuff... they no longer have a single item on the shelves for black powder. Not even a rifle that was not sold off...

That might be because we are in the throws of ice fishing right now and thats what every one is up to now. Lets hope so, because I would hate to see them end all black powder stuff...
Old 03-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

At the end of every hunting season we make our Wal*mart rounds.I bought several boxes of Pyrodex 45 cal 50 grain pellets . I believe they were 8.00 or 10.00 a box.They had 50 cal T/C Shock Waves for under 8.00 a box.All of T/C accesories were marked way down.I cleaned up this time.I'm sure the W*M's will continue selling BP stuff in these stores in GA.W*M sells tons of BP & archery accesories during hunting season. They would be foolish not carrying it.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought up 15 of the 12 round packs of .45 Cal Powerbelts. Normally they are $15, now on sale for $5. (Don't plan on finding any though, I had they go in the back for every one they had)
Old 03-03-2005, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

in my neck of the woods there are 2 walmarts only one them sells BP supplies which is in the next town over, its inventories are constantly being replenished and never have anything on clearence all year long so im not worried about that wally world ever discontinueing their BP stuff. Also the town i live in has an ordinance code that outlaws the sale of Black powder and all substitutes in that case the gun stores around town figure if they cant carry the propellants then why carry any BP supplies. so the only way to get BP stuff is mail order or go to the next town over and get the stuff and walmart.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:14 AM

Actually Trip, individual Wal-Marts don't have anything to do with the merchandise they stock. Corporate headquarters makes all the decisions. Just try and get your's to order somethin' other than a rifle, so wet toilet paper for example. [X(]
Old 03-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually Trip, individual Wal-Marts don't have anything to do with the merchandise they stock. Corporate headquarters makes all the decisions. Just try and get your's to order somethin' other than a rifle, so wet toilet paper for example
==============================================

Actually Slamfire.... most folks dealing in retail already are aware that corporate white-collars in WalMart suites decide the fate of individual outlet merchandise.

Where did I state that each individual WalMart makes their own wholesale purchases? Copy & paste it here please. Just because something disappears from your closest WalMart does not mean the store manager made the decision to discontinue.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

quote:

Actually Trip, individual Wal-Marts don't have anything to do with the merchandise they stock. Corporate headquarters makes all the decisions. Just try and get your's to order somethin' other than a rifle, so wet toilet paper for example

==============================================

Actually Slamfire.... most folks dealing in retail already are aware that corporate white-collars in WalMart suites decide the fate of individual outlet merchandise.

Where did I state that each individual WalMart makes their own wholesale purchases? Copy & paste it here please. Just because something disappears from your closest WalMart does not mean the store manager made the decision to discontinue.
actually a friend of mine in kansas city is a walmart sporting goods manager, and he does have alot of say in what they carry and what not, basically they carry whatever the white shirts say to carry but he as the department manager he can decide what to put on clearence or in some cases discontinue.

Quick Reply: Cheap powder at Walmart!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.