Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 TMA - Traditional Muzzleloader Association >

TMA - Traditional Muzzleloader Association

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TMA - Traditional Muzzleloader Association

Old 02-27-2005, 02:11 PM

Default TMA - Traditional Muzzleloader Association

FYI...a new national "Traditional Muzzleloading Association" (TMA) is being formed, dedicated to the preservation of early American traditional muzzleloading heritage, generally including the styles & materials available and representative of the era up to the year 1900 and not beyond...announcement details have begun being publicized at:

http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/ub...0&page=0#86909
Old 02-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TMA - Traditional Muzzleloader Association

Sorry Roundball... that forum administrator Claude Mathis is a gestapo-type who probably has no friends after they depart from his forums. Wouldn't support that goof or send someone like that any money.... lots of others feel the same way too.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

Sorry Roundball... that forum administrator Claude Mathis is a gestapo-type who probably has no friends after they depart from his forums. Wouldn't support that goof or send someone like that any money.... lots of others feel the same way too.

I think anyone who reads a post such as this one you just made will draw the correct conclusion.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Roundball

I already gave the correct description of the person. He even came real close recently to closing his modern inline forums to please his very few traditional message board buddies. The guy's a real loser. He deserves no respect, acclamation or support.

Nuff-said
Old 02-27-2005, 07:53 PM

Triple7,..... I find your remarks rather interesting. I've been a member of that forum for 2 years, and in that time I've only seen 2 people "banned" other than yourself.

Furthermore, 96% of the 3318 members of that site are traditional muzzleloader shooters.

Furthermore, the TMA is not owned by the administrator of "ANY" wesite!!

Furthermore, if you wish to discuss this any further,.... then "I" as a member of the TMA Board of Directors, will certainly be "more than happy" to oblige you!!

Very best regards!!
rollingb
Old 02-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I find your remarks rather interesting. I've been a member of that forum for 2 years, and in that time I've only seen 2 people "banned" other than yourself.
===============================================

RollingB

If you happen to scroll back to my last three posts at that site -- the ones where I talked to Claude about his appointment of Maxi as Modern Forum moderator -- where I disputed that appointment, you will read down to my very last post where I resigned my membership there.

About 4-5 months later, I lost an email address to a member there. So I logged back on & sent that person a private message & "attn" post so I could retrieve his email address. At that point, Claude took notice that I was present for that post or two & yanked my "already quit" membership there.

As a reminder RollingB, I only logged-on months later to send a private message & "attn post".... never intended to post anything MLing ever-again at that Claude Mathis (inline bigot) site.

Have a nice day & I do miss our ML exchanges that we shared. You are an interesting fella to talk MLing with. I know your pleasures are traditional & I respect that & those of Roundball too. My so-called bark & bite inside this thread are only directed at Claude.

Sincerely & Take Care
Old 02-27-2005, 08:34 PM

Triple7,.... FYI "Maxi" was also banned from that website.

I am "NOT" a spokesman for Claude, but I have found him to be very fair when dealing with difficult situations. I'm sorry things went somewhat "sour" for you, but as you mentioned, you DID use the website agin "after" resigning your Forum Membership.

Best of luck, and very best regards!!
rollingb
Old 02-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rolling

Maxi & I have talked a few times since.... we've always remained cordial with one another. I'm aware what happened to Maxi & that's a perfect example of why Claude has a sick mind.

Typing that post months later netted me alot of money marketing an ML product.... so it was an important "attn-only" post that I had to make. Since that time, we marketed another product that's doing little.

I'm done on this thread if you are.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:59 PM

Triple7,.... Neither your position with a website administrator, nor your financial/marketing transactions, are of any importance to me as a TMA Board Director.

Having said that, the Traditional Muzzleloading Association "is" my concern, and I will refute any false information given as "fact" when it is not. Mr. Mathis does NOT receive any money from TMA memberships, Mr. Mathis "was" generous enough to donate a "forum" to the TMA on his website until we git one of our own. Mr. Mathis is "not" on the TMA Board of Directors, or, an Officer of the TMA, or associated with the TMA in any way other than a Charter Member.

I find it troubleing when someone posts "inuendos" without first checking their "facts", as you did when replying to Roundball's original post. Your referal to Mr. Mathis' website being "bigoted" towards modern inlines is also unjustly called for and completely "untrue", as evidenced by his website being openly available to "both" traditional and modern inline shooters.

If you have "no interest" in the Traditional Muzzleloading Association that is fine, but I suggest that "any differences" you have with Mr. Mathis be discussed with him in a manner proper for a gentleman, and not with fellas that cannot hear "both sides" of the story.

I'm very sure there are other folks here that also post on the Muzzleloading Forum, and I hope that if they disagree with "anything" I've said, they will step forward and say so.

If you wish to discontinue this discussion because of it's "personal nature" then I will readily accomodate you in doing so, as I think it would be most benifical to you, and also lend proof that you are a "gentleman".

rollingb/Rondo
TMA Board Director
Old 02-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Typical Buck

Gosh fellas; I thought we shot these things for fun and enjoyment. I guess I have not gotten involved enough in the "politics of all this" to get that worked up. I also tend to stay away from competitions that spend more time figuring out how to make things difficult for the people trying to enjoy the sport. If traditional is that much trouble maybe I should cancel my order for the Lyman Great Plains and just keep shooting my Omega. Hopefully this is just a rare case of people that have had some differences that didn't come out good. I would rather read about shooting rather than listen to this kind of exchange. I like this site as it is generally active and interesting, this subject is and exception.

Quick Reply: TMA - Traditional Muzzleloader Association

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.