Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega,yes or no

Old 02-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Omega,yes or no

ORIGINAL: Chasam60

Keith-I got to shoot the Omega friday with BlackMag3.Only had time to shoot 6 shots.No swabbing between shots and still loaded OK.I broke the plug loose and screwed it out with my fingers.3 or 4 strokes with a dry toothbrush,and the plug was shiny as new.My Omega will never see 777 again.

Charlie
Welcome to the ever growing club of Black Mag'3 enthusiasts.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:54 AM

MLKEITH,I plan on making a trip up to Cabela's after my 777 is all used up.I plan on getting two pounds of Black Mag'3 to do my own testing with that stuff.I hope it shoots as clean as i've heard.what charge of powder would get me close to 100 gr. of777 to get me started?
Old 02-27-2005, 10:48 AM
bigcountry

You know what I don't understand about the new breed of ML is why they are so much better supposely?

I have had all kinds from inlines to sidelocks, and basically if your barrel is good, your action is bedded nice, no pressure points, good crisp trigger, the gun is a good gun. bottom line.

The only the the new breed of omegas and revolutions do is add astestics to the picture. For example there is no need for a bolt on my disc. Pure looks.

I see knight say thier knight revolution is the most accurate knight out. Ok, so I called asked is the barrel different than my knight elite. Nope, same barrel. Is the ignition time the same. Yea pretty well. So why is the revolution so much better (expensive) than my elite or an extreame disc? He admited it was alot to do with styling.

The omega the same way. Thats the reason I like the encore over the omega. And the wolverine over my disc.

Old 02-27-2005, 10:53 AM

I am not allowed to own a encore[:@][:'(]
Old 02-27-2005, 10:54 AM
bigcountry

Why? You just get out of the joint?

Old 02-27-2005, 11:07 AM

Nope,but i got into a bar brawl a while back and after i proceded to whoop up on the guy who charged at me after i got in my car,he proceded to press charges on me,and i was charged with assault.Pretty bogus if you ask me.I am actually not totally sure if i can own a rifle or not but dont have the money to pay a lawyer to look into it right now.Does anyone have any insight on it?anyone in the same situation?
Old 02-27-2005, 11:20 AM
bigcountry

Have you been convicted of a felony yet? If not, then you are good to go. If so, I hate to hear it for ya. I hope all turns out for ya.

That will learn ya not to hang out at cacoon cantina or the brass rail.

Man, MD is one place they don't play around with fighting. When I first moved up here in 1996 or so, my ex wife got into a wreck with a bunch of inner city folks in Columbia. I went down to the crash and started brawling with them, 3 on one mind ya. The fire department came and told me they don't know where I am from, but I will get arrested if I kept it up. I said "what?" for a minor fight? So the police came and was about to take me away when a bunch of people vouched that the guys from B-More started it and all saying they were going to find me and jack me. Whatever that meant. I mean where I grew up, you get into a little fistacuf, and the local sherrif came and said, "mark, I am going to tell your grandfather and get on home". Just a part of life there, no big deal.

Old 02-27-2005, 11:31 AM

As far as i can remember,i was found guilty and was sentenced to 1 year in jail,but my attorney appealed it and i got 1 year probation instead of jail time.i am not sure if i was still convicted though.I guess i'll have to get some money together and have him check it out for me.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:27 PM
bigcountry

As far as i can remember,i was found guilty and was sentenced to 1 year in jail,but my attorney appealed it and i got 1 year probation instead of jail time
Let me get this right. You mean to tell me you went thru all that and not sure if you are convicted of a felony? So when you fill out a job form, and they asked if you have been committed a felony, do you pick yes or no? Assult can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending how severe. Sounds like you have a misdemeanor. Don't worry, when you fill out a FFL form, they will tell ya.

Old 02-27-2005, 02:37 PM

I have not had to fill out a job application because i have at the same job before this happened.

Quick Reply: Omega,yes or no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.