Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 who makes remington ml barrels? >

who makes remington ml barrels?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

who makes remington ml barrels?

Old 02-19-2005, 07:02 AM
Spike

Default who makes remington ml barrels?

i was wondering who if not remington makes their ml barrels?
Old 02-19-2005, 07:15 AM

Default RE: who makes remington ml barrels?

Why do you have a problem?
Old 02-19-2005, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would venture to say Remington probably makes their own barrels.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Spike

i dont have any problems , as a matter of fact its the other way around . its scary accurate!! its more accurate than i am, i was just curious. i heard it was douglas.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:26 AM

I know what you mean my 700 is very accurate.the trigger pull is quite heavy though,so my gunsmith is planning on putting in a shilen trigger and restocking it with a nice laminated stock with a bedded action and free floated barrel.It has a simmons 4-12x44 scope on it.can't wait to how she shoots then.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:38 PM

Newman, is your 'smith local? I have wanted a laminated stock for my Rem, but no one that I know of makes one. I love the rifle but I hate the stock. Too hollow in the butt area, noisy if it rubs up against something (especially in the cold), and it feels too $#@&%# cold in my hands!

Aimat, I thought Rem made their own barrels. Where did you hear that Douglas made them?

My trigger is excellent-about 4.5 lbs with no creep or overtravel. But I bet a Shilen or Timney trigger would be sweet!

I hear good/bad things about the Rem 700 MLS. Hard to keep clean; a pain in the tukas to dismantle the bolt; not a great #209 conversion (I agree with that one); rifles are too heavy. But at this stage I would not sell it and buy a new BP rifle for anything. I have killed more whitetails with my Rem 700 MLS than with all my centerfires. I would be comfortable hunting anything in North America with it, with the exception of the great bears. And as long as I had a back-up with a .338 Win Mag I'd use it on a griz or brownie, too!

Brian
Old 02-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Spike

a friend i work with was a machinist and he heard this about douglas , probably just rumor. my trigger is excellent, and if a deer gets inside of 150 yards of me it is in serious danger. and will probably get a free ride in my pickup truck!
Old 02-21-2005, 11:37 AM

BDHUNTER, THE GUNSMITH I AM TALKING ABOUT IS IN GLEN BURNIE.HE SAID SINCE IT'S A REMINGTON HE CAN DO ALL KINDS OF GOOD STUFFIF YOU GO TO BOYDBOYS.COM YOU CAN BUY ALL KINDS OF LAMINATED STOCKS
Old 02-21-2005, 01:23 PM
bigcountry

OH no, not steves in Burnie.

Old 02-21-2005, 01:33 PM

No i mean scottWhat is wrong with Steve though?A nd where does he work?

Quick Reply: who makes remington ml barrels?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.