Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 What scope mounts will fit my CVA??? >

What scope mounts will fit my CVA???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What scope mounts will fit my CVA???

Old 02-02-2005, 09:24 PM

Default What scope mounts will fit my CVA???

Here's the deal. I just got a CVA Buckhorn 209 in .50 cal. I have two scopes to try out--one the mauser that I bought on ebay. Its a 3-9x40 and real nice. The other is a simmons 3-9x32. I don't think that the simmons will work, because I think it may be for a rimfire or .22 rifle. I was told by the person I bought it from that it was for a shotgun. I'm not two sure. Anywho, the question is this. What type of scope mounts will work with this inline, and does anyone have any extra ones that they could sell me for cheap. Will the CVA universal mounts work for this gun? What should I look for in mounting my scope. I am going to go and at least field zero my fiber optic sights on the gun this weekend with some 777 pellets and 295 copper tipped HP. Don't really know what to get etc...
Old 02-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What scope mounts will fit my CVA???

The CVA universal mounts should work with just about any scope with a 1" main tube.
Including the two types that you mentioned.
If you had the model numbers of the scopes you mentioned that would be helpful in terms of what the intended useage was.

I would suggest trying the 3x9x40 and having it installed and boresighted if you don't have the equipment or are not comfortable doing it yourself.

Boresighting is really important in terms of getting you on the paper sooner and then you can fine tune things.
Otherwise, you can end up shooting a bunch of bullets and not finding the paper at all. It's doable but you need to start at a short yardage and work your way out to 100 yards.