Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 New frontier Beartooth Magnum >

New frontier Beartooth Magnum

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New frontier Beartooth Magnum

Old 01-26-2005, 03:24 PM

Default New frontier Beartooth Magnum

any thoughts on this gun it is at cabelas for 180 with scope

Thanks
Old 01-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: New frontier Beartooth Magnum

They were selling it earlier this season for I think it was $99.95. It has a BPI barrel, and is based on the Optima I believe. In fact I think I think I read that the box has CVA notations on it.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

This one below is a better buy for a few dollars more. Then buy almost the same scope at Bass Pro for around $70. Look for Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn when you reach the link there for riflescopes.

H & R Sidekick 50-cal wood ($159)
Old 01-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Spike

I just got this gun about 3 weeks ago. So far I really like it. Its easy to shoot and a breeze to clean up. Seems pretty accurate too. I got mine on sale from Cabelas for 149.99 with scope. My problem was that Nebr. dont let you use scopes that are more than 1x and this is a 2.5x7 scope.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:07 AM

I to would recommend the NEF Sidekick over the New Frontier Bear Magnum. I have a Sidekick and I really like it a lot. Its been very accurate at the range for me and I like the whole setup including the trigger on the gun. The one thing I don't like about the Sidekick is the ram rod that comes with the gun. You should read some of the reviews Randy Wakeman does at Chuckhawks along with many of the other articles he writes. He is very respected in the Blackpowder community. Here is his review but please do your self the service of reading many of the articles on this site. It really was helpful to me. Good Luck

http://www.chuckhawks.com/nef_sidekick.htm

Also, if I am not mistaken from what I have read the trigger pull on a lot of the Bear Magnums is terrible. They also have the "BPI barrell issue" for you to contended with.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Spike

What is "BPI barrel issue"? What does BPI stand for?
Old 01-27-2005, 12:18 PM

BPI is the parent company for New Frontier, CVA, Traditions. In addition they also manufacture Winchester black powder guns.

Read the article linked below, then do a search on Google, then talk to a few professionals. You'll get all sorts of answers and make your own judgement.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/unsafe_muzzleloaders.htm

I hope this helps.

Robert
Old 01-27-2005, 03:24 PM

got a new frontier for a spare rifle in december. seems to shoot very well. it can touch some holes at 80 yards. it seems to like 90 grains power. i think it is a good bargain for $99.00. i don't think you could go wrong for the price.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:04 PM

thanks for all the help
i still like the new frontier though!
i have read other good things but are open to more suggestions and thoughts about it and other guns

thanks!
Old 02-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

i got a new frontier for 99$ as a gift for my brother back in november and like the way it feels in my hands over the thompson center omega. hasnt been shot yet but im sure its a keeper. i always like to buy american made guns but thought i would give this one a try. the new england firearms looks great but the fact that it needs some kinda cap seal turns me off. thats the reason i got rid of my knight disc rifle years ago. i just dont want to have to worry about buying extras to shoot my gun off.

Quick Reply: New frontier Beartooth Magnum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.