Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C brand scope??

Old 01-25-2005, 12:29 PM
BHS

Default T/C brand scope??

Anyone have any experience with the T/C brand scopes? In particular the 3x9 rifle or handgun scopes. If you believe the marketing hype you should be able to stomp up and down on them without breakage. I was thinking of maybe pairing one up with my new Omega, and possibly on my S&W 44 mag. 629. I currently have a Nikon Buckmaster on my 30.06 and am very happy. My 12 ga. slug gun has a cheap Tasco on it, which believe it or not has held up quite well. I'd like to stay around a couple hundred each.
Thanks in advance...
Old 01-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: T/C brand scope??

Sightron SII Description

Sightron SII 3-9 Specs

Buy Sightron Here $187
Old 01-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Spike

They are made by Simmons for TC.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:08 AM
Typical Buck

I've not had any of their rifle scopes, but I bought a used Contender .223 barrel with a T/C 2.5-7X pistol scope mounted. It was OK, but I don't think I would go out and buy one. For your 629, I'd suggest a Leupold or Nikon in 2X. Off-handed, anything over 2X is very hard to hold steady.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:01 PM
BHS

I'm kinda leaning toward another 3 x 9 Buckmaster for my Omega. What have you heard about the new Rifleman series by Luepold? The are very competitively priced, and carry the same life time warrenty. As for the 629, I would like a little more magnification than 2x and I generally hunt from a treestand. So far a Weaver 4x or the Bushnell 3200 2 x 6 with a constant 20" ER is looking pretty good.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a TC 1-5X on my TC Black Diamond and it is OK. It doesn't compare to a higher end scope like Zeiss or even a Leopold. It is tough and the reason why I put it on was I was shooting 3 pellets and wanted something that was advertised as suitable for the situation and not really expensive..
Old 01-26-2005, 03:00 PM

I have a Simmons AETEC 2.8-10x44 on my Omega. It is an excellent scope and IMO it is as good as a Leupold for several hundred dollars more. It also has a lifetime warranty if anything is wrong with it. It is very clear, crisp, and has a very wide FOV.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Click on Cabelas.com. Then click on riflescopes. Now click on different brands & models.... read the literature on ones that interest you. You obviously know very little about scopes if you prefer the Rifleman over the Sightron SII links I provided for you. Compare the huge difference between the two. The Sightron SII has a couple features beyond the Leupold VX-II.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:26 AM
BHS

Triple7,
I'm sensing a little attitude. ("You obviously know very little about scopes if you prefer the Rifleman over the Sightron SII links I provided for you.") I don't recall ever saying I prefer the Rifleman over any thing. I was asking if any one had any experience with them. I am the type of person that doesn't believe everything I read. I choose to wade thru the opinions of people that have actually used the product that I'm considering, than to blindly believe the marketing hype writen whereever. I am looking for the best bang for the buck. I mean you no disrespect. Your opinion is important to me, and I am looking at, and reading about the Sighton products. They do look like a great product. I apologize for my naivety.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

Hey BHS! Welcome!

Let's see, the T/C scopes are mfg by Simmons as previously mentioned.

I'm not personally that thrilled with Simmons as I had one fail, but that was some time ago. Also had Tasco cheapies go belly up.

Over the past decade or so, I've come around to the school of thought to get the best optics you can afford from companies that stand behind what they sell.

Since you mentioned that you wanted to be in the $200 range for each scope I'd think that you could do very well in optics with that budget. You mentioned Buckmaster, which you like.

I'm into Leupold, Burris and Zeiss. Leupold Mounts and Rings. Nikon's are also very good from what I hear. I've heard good things about Sightron in SII flavor.

One thing nice about Leupold and Burris is the lifetime warranty regardless of the original owner.
If you did invest in one of these, the resale value should hold better as they will have a lifetime warranty to whomever you sold it to.
You could also pick up used models for sometimes really great deals. I snagged up a really nice Lupey M8 4x Matte recently for $150.

I might suggest the Leupold VXI, M8 or FX 4x or Burris Fullfield. The Nikon Buckmaster will fall in that range as well.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: T/C brand scope??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.