HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T/C brand scope??
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Tahquamenon
Typical Buck

Default RE: T/C brand scope??

Hey BHS! Welcome!

Let's see, the T/C scopes are mfg by Simmons as previously mentioned.

I'm not personally that thrilled with Simmons as I had one fail, but that was some time ago. Also had Tasco cheapies go belly up.

Over the past decade or so, I've come around to the school of thought to get the best optics you can afford from companies that stand behind what they sell.

Since you mentioned that you wanted to be in the $200 range for each scope I'd think that you could do very well in optics with that budget. You mentioned Buckmaster, which you like.

I'm into Leupold, Burris and Zeiss. Leupold Mounts and Rings. Nikon's are also very good from what I hear. I've heard good things about Sightron in SII flavor.

One thing nice about Leupold and Burris is the lifetime warranty regardless of the original owner.
If you did invest in one of these, the resale value should hold better as they will have a lifetime warranty to whomever you sold it to.
You could also pick up used models for sometimes really great deals. I snagged up a really nice Lupey M8 4x Matte recently for $150.

I might suggest the Leupold VXI, M8 or FX 4x or Burris Fullfield. The Nikon Buckmaster will fall in that range as well.

Good luck!