Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

tc omega

Old 01-24-2005, 01:46 PM

Default tc omega

I am amazed by the accuracy out of these guns...I got a new thumbhole/fluted stainless barrel omega a couple weeks ago and sighted it in yesterday with 100 grains pyrodex pellets and 200 gr shockwaves. At 100 yards, I was getting 5/8" groups or better consistently without swabbing. I guess I just wanted to brag and see what kind of groups everyone else is getting with what loads...
Old 01-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: tc omega

with shooting like that, you have good reason to brag. Thompson Center rifles are great rifles. And their customer service and support are second to none. Sounds like a winning combination to me.

I shoot a Black Diamond XR and mine is also an outstanding shooting rifle. Not as easy to clean as yours but overall I have no complaints....

Good luck with your rifle...
Old 01-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

encore owner here (209X50), great shootin man, you have every right to be proud, as cayugad mentioned t/c is hard to beat on quality
Old 01-31-2005, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

The T/C blackpowder rifles are incredible. I have an omega and can consistenly get 1" or better groups at 100 yards. These guns are amazing. This is the only blackpowder i've owned so i cant really compare to any other.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

PA_BOW_HUNTER .. and others when the rifles shoot groups like that it is all the muzzleloader your would really need. The others are just fun. No really, I have a T/C Black Diamond XR and it too will shoot excellent groups, but I really enjoy the old time flintlocks and sidelock rifles for shooting and hunting as well.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:12 PM

I just spent the afternoon shooting mine, Just getting ready to clean it actually. A little soap and water and I will be done. Smooth trigger although I can not compare it to a more expensive one as I have never tried one. I am a novice at blackpowder but I don't think you can go wrong with this gun!!

100 grains 777 pellets
240 gr. Dead centers
1.5" group at 100 yards
Old 02-01-2005, 07:27 PM

i also have the omega and my groups arent as good as that but i get about 1'' groups at 100 yrds. 100 grains of pyrodex pellets, tp 240 grain xtp bullet
Old 02-02-2005, 01:58 PM

xxxbuckshot, I tried the 240 grain xtp's out of mine too and I could not get groups at all. I mean about 6" groups at 100 yards. I don't know why, but I'm glad to see you can do good with them. I'll stick with the SST's for now.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:14 AM

Hey 12 Pointer just curious as to how much you had to give for the gun? The reason I ask is because I have a two year old Omega but would like to get the new one with the thumbhole stock. I've been looking at them for some time now and have seen them in Cabelas and other outdoor stores for around $600. Well to get to the point I was in my local Wal-Mart the other day and saw they had one.(and one is all they had) Well they had it priced for $492.00 and thats a heck of a price difference. Do you or anyone else have any opions on buying guns from Wal-Mart. I've bought a couple of .22's from there for coon hunting and stuff but have heard stories that the guns they recieve are not the quality of guns you would get anywhere else. Sounds strange just curious. Thanks
Old 02-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

Hey alwysshntn,

Why not just replace your stock with a factory thumbhole stock?
Much cheaper than buying a new rifle and you don't have to take a hit depreciation-wise on trying to sell your existing Omega?

Try www.midsouthshooterssupply.com

THOMPSON CENTER ACC OMEGA THUMBHOLE COMPOSITE REPLACEMENT STOCK
Order No: Status: Price:
030-7863 On Order
$108.19

THOMPSON CENTER ACC OMEGA THUMBHOLE HARDWOODS CAMO REPLACEMENT STOCK
030-7870 On Order
$157.59

THOMPSON CENTER ACC OMEGA THUMBHOLE GRAY LAMINATE REPLACEMENT STOCK
030-7871 In Stock
$179.08

As far as your question regarding buying low end weapons. It does not matter where you purchase a lower end weapon. It's still a low end weapon.

Quick Reply: tc omega

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.