Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Box for all of your ML stuff >

Box for all of your ML stuff

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Box for all of your ML stuff

Old 01-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Box for all of your ML stuff

So what kind of a box or case does everyone use to keep there stuff in? I am looking for some kind of plastic tote or something to use. Any ideas. I picked up my new TC Omega today, now I have to get all of the accesories to go with it.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Box for all of your ML stuff

I picked up a plastic tool box at Home Depot and the same one is carried by Walmart and I think also Kmart (not sure about Kmart). It has a Black and Decker name on the top and has a snap open top section for small items and then a latch to open the box for access to the top shelf and a storage compartment below. The box comes in a variety of colors. I got a red one for my Omega and a yellow one for my Pursuit LT. They seem to work real well for me. The box is about 15inches long and 6inches wide and about 8inches high. (rough guess on measurements as it is in the outside shop area and I'm too lazy to go look).
Old 01-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

i got a plastic dresser type thing/fileing cabinet....you get the idea......3 nice sized drawers ontop of eachother......holds all my shooting stuff nicely.....one drawer is for BP gear....but it sits low on the ground and doesnt lock....isnt portable....and isnt fireproof......but it works.....i have no little kids around or anything to get in my stuff.......it works.....cabelas has a tool box type thing almost i seen and thought about.....would hold everything....and be portable....but i keep most everything in my possibles bag....and put the bullets and powder in my shooting bag with the rest of my gear when i go shooting.....but if i didnt hunt and just shot alot or something and didnt have a possibles bag to carry my gear a nice box would be nice to carry it all to the range.....all depends on what you want......and dont think just because it isnt MADE for BP shooters it cant be used....a nice cheap toolbox may be all you need.....probably alot cheaper then the one in cabelas.....and will do the same thing.......
Old 01-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats kind of what I was thinking about, some kind of plastic tool box that I can carry around with me. Thanks guys, I am sure that I will have mmany questions to ask.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Dominant Buck

I use a multi pocket bag which has large zipper pockets on the sides and then a huge main center. This is the same thing you see police and fire department people carry they personal stuff in. Kind of like a giant gym bag of sorts.

I keep the tools and solvents in one side. The lubes, patches, primers, caps and oils in the other. In the center is the powder, projectiles, sabots, and anything else I might need out on the range.

I keep that loaded and then carry the whole works out to the target range. I also have tools in it to break the rifle down, clean it, and repair anything that might get out of line.

Also be sure to put a pair of safety shooting glasses in there and some ear protection......
Old 01-16-2005, 06:32 AM

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

So what kind of a box or case does everyone use to keep there stuff in? I am looking for some kind of plastic tote or something to use. Any ideas. I picked up my new TC Omega today, now I have to get all of the accesories to go with it.
MTM Caseguard makes an excellent shooting box at a good price...used them for years...have one set up for regular Trap & Skeet shooting, one for Archery, one for Percussion ML's, one for Flintlock ML's
Old 01-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a plastic tool box that I got at kmart. It has a lift out tray on top when you open the lid. The tray is good for tools and stuff and my powder jugs and clear flask fit nicely in the bottom section. It is about 18 inches long, 10 inches deep and 8 inches wide. Is red plastic with a black tray. I think it cost me a whole 9 bucks...all my stuff fits in it. I think it is "Benchtop" brand. You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff that fits in there.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:32 PM

I use an MTM Sportsman's Dry Box. It holds a lot of gear. A very nice piece of equipment to have if you pack a bunch of stuff to the range like I do!

MTM Sportsman's Dry Box
Old 01-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Spike

I use a medium size dive bag. Has pockets internal and external on the sides and ends for lots of smaller components. The sides have long pockets where I keep my cleaning supplies and short starters. The center part is very large and this is where I carry my ammo box with pre-loads, plus there is still lots of room for solvents, binoculars, caps, targets, etc. I also keep a 12X12 inch square of indoor/outdoor carpet for placing the buttstocks of my muskets when I reload (don't like to tear up the nice shiny, brass finish). There is always enough room for a thermos full of coffee. The end pockets are great for hearing protection, shooting glasses, and small tools. Not a sophisticated operation, but I'm not a sophisticated person.

Best Regards,

Sky-Dogg
Old 01-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a fishing tackle box that looks very similar to THIS ONE RIGHT HERE.

Acually I lied.... I have two. One I keep as a mobile unit & the other for parts.

Quick Reply: Box for all of your ML stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.