Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Black Mag3

Old 12-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Black Mag3

Been reading alot of good things about Black Mag 3. Tried a number of times to e-mail the company, but they seem not to much give a S#%T about a individual who may be a future consumer of there product. I tried to find out from them what the shelf life is with there product. I live about 2 1/2 hours from cabelas. so I would have to buy a bunch of it to make the trip worth while. maybe someone here can answear my question.
Thanks.

P.S. ain't to impressed by there customer service
Old 12-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Black Mag3

I have been in contact with them and I have had good responses. They may be shut down for the holidays. Try again next week when everyone is back to normal.

Have a safe new years

Eric

PS unfortunitly I can not answer you questions. other then to send you to their web site.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: steviebiggun

Been reading alot of good things about Black Mag 3. Tried a number of times to e-mail the company, but they seem not to much give a S#%T about a individual who may be a future consumer of there product. I tried to find out from them what the shelf life is with there product. I live about 2 1/2 hours from cabelas. so I would have to buy a bunch of it to make the trip worth while. maybe someone here can answear my question.
Thanks.

P.S. ain't to impressed by there customer service
I have had good response from them in the past so I think the comment about being down for the holidays is probably correct. From what I have been able to find out the shelf life is as long as any of the other synthetics which is very long if you keep the container closed and stored where it does not see a lot of temperature change. I have some clear shot and clean shot that is very old and it works just fine.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:54 AM

Cruising around at Midsouth looking for a price on BlackMag3 gave me a shock.
After reading MLKeith's posts on it (thanks) I figured it was the "Holy Grail" of powders.....probably so....but, man the price!

$25.+ per pound, that's a lot. Yeah, I know, quality & it works, but ouch!

I know you'd get a lot of loads out of a pound, but the overall cost might hurt a little.
I think I've got two older cans of RS Pyrodex in the cabinet to initially try, or maybe a can of Select later, don't know.
I know I'll try the BlackMag3 sooner or later, but I gotta try and shop that one around.

Bob
Old 12-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

American Pioneer Powder does everything that black mag3 can, and costs $9 bucks less!

Been doing the same thing with FFFg American Pioneer Powder(@ $16 a pound per case internet) for 4 years! No fowling-easy clean up-cost effective, can't beat it

Please go here to get The Rest Of The Story!

http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/cgi-bin/...408;p=3#000032

and here:

http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/cgi-bin/...159;p=1#000001

APP is great, just use the FFFg loose powder!

www.americanpioneerpowder.com
Old 12-29-2004, 09:03 AM

LN,

Thanks for the good info..........
American PP/FFF sounds like a real winner. Especially where shooting multiple rounds w/o cleaning......wow.....1000rnds w/o cleaning his gun once.
You'd be lucky to get 100 out of other powders.

$16.00 per pound is more like it.

Thanks greatly,
Bob
Old 12-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

Huge fan of Black Mag'3.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

I have been endorsing American Pioneer for a long time... At cabelas it only runs 14 bucks a pound... Why use black Mag? AP is just as clean if not cleaner...

As for shelf life of AP, I have had it's predecessor (Clean Shot) in my basement for two years and took it out this year and it shot just fine...

There are a lot of nay-sayers out there, but don't beleive the hype, AP is as good as anything else and shoots cleaner!
Old 12-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can you get American Pioneer shipped without the $20 hazard fee or are you buying it locally???
Old 12-30-2004, 06:11 AM

Tex,

Go on the American Pioneer site and check the "dealer" link for your area.
I did and found that the gunshop up in Attica, NY is carrying it. About a 35 mile round trip for me.

Bob

Quick Reply: Black Mag3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.