Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Black Mag3

Old 12-30-2004, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Black Mag3

BTW

I was blessed this year with access to a Private shooting range--AKA --the sand/clay pit! 40-foot high banks/cliff faces, super safe--man am I excited!

Got my 25,50 and 70yard ranges set-up! Got room for 100 yards but not done yet. I plan on doing some intensive range testing, ammo, sabots, powder, and my personal favorite intrigue: Round Balls in Sabots!!

Let the testing(FUN) begin!
Old 12-31-2004, 05:53 PM
Spike

Lane, where at in Nebraska do you live? I am close to Ord.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:27 PM
Typical Buck

Bellevue !!
Old 01-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: newguy23

I have been endorsing American Pioneer for a long time... At cabelas it only runs 14 bucks a pound... Why use black Mag? AP is just as clean if not cleaner...

As for shelf life of AP, I have had it's predecessor (Clean Shot) in my basement for two years and took it out this year and it shot just fine...

There are a lot of nay-sayers out there, but don't beleive the hype, AP is as good as anything else and shoots cleaner!
APP is good stuff and I agree the price is better but the statement that it is cleaner than Black Mag3 is not what I find in my rifle. Black Mag3 makes about 1/2 the residue of APP but both are easy to get around not like the crud ring from 777. BM3 makes higher velocity than equal amount of APP also although that isn't enough to make up the cost difference.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Hey Lane...

You really seem to like APP, but I can't get hold of anyone in the company. Can you email at [email protected] and give me some advice.

Paul
Old 01-10-2005, 05:50 PM

Default APP...must not care

Well for several days I've had zero luck in reaching someone at the company of American Pioneer Powder. It seems if I am not Mr. Shockley then I don't matter. Oh well I will have to look elsewhere. I don't know if I want to support a company with piss poor customer service. I have left emails, and voice messages, but to no avail. I know that I can buy from someone via the internet, BUT I wanted to speak to a representative of the company. With my newness in ML I would have been a customer for a very long time. What that equates to is that my children would most likely have grown up on APP powder, but because they refuse to answer the everyday schmoo then they have just lost a very loyal and long term customer. A long term customer who is more than willing to shoot more than just a few pounds, and someone who has the ability to practice all year. As a Marine I believe in practicing with my weapon of choice until I can shoot in my sleep. Long term customer=long term profits.

See ya APP---lets see if Black Mag3 has time to answer my questions.

Paul G. Merioles
Old 01-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: APP...must not care

ORIGINAL: newhunter35

Paul G. Merioles
I have had real good response from the Black Mag3 people. I think they had a small problem with their email as I didn't get an answer but they called me back so we were able to talk. I am getting a lot of information and have shot a small amount of the powder and if you have any specific questions that I might be able to answer I would be open for them. You can contact me direct at [email protected]. I like APP but I LOVE BM3.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:48 PM

Default RE: APP...must not care

ORIGINAL: MLKeith

ORIGINAL: newhunter35

Paul G. Merioles
I have had real good response from the Black Mag3 people. I think they had a small problem with their email as I didn't get an answer but they called me back so we were able to talk. I am getting a lot of information and have shot a small amount of the powder and if you have any specific questions that I might be able to answer I would be open for them. You can contact me direct at [email protected]. I like APP but I LOVE BM3.
Can you give me a website to the company or phone #? Perfer website if possible.

Paul
Old 01-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Typical Buck

Website for Black Mag3 www.magkor.com email: [email protected] address:Magkor Industries Inc 3859 Wekiva Springs Road Suite #26 Longwood, Florida 32779. So far the web site information has been proving to be as advertised in my rifle. You might call me a big fan of Black Mag3.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:04 PM

ttt