Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 TREATED MYSELF TO A NEW KNIGHT >

TREATED MYSELF TO A NEW KNIGHT

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TREATED MYSELF TO A NEW KNIGHT

Old 12-21-2004, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default TREATED MYSELF TO A NEW KNIGHT

I treated myself to a new Knight Disc Extreme .50....I have an older Knight BK-92 thats about 13 or 14 years old, its a great shooter, but I just wanted a new one. It should be here by Friday, and it will be used next year.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:43 AM

Default RE: TREATED MYSELF TO A NEW KNIGHT

Good gun choice, good hunting with it. I have a new disc elite and love the accuracy.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I called Knight yesterday before I ordered my gun, asked them the difference between the elite & extreme....the only 2 differences are : elite comes with a thinner barrel so the weight is alittle lighter, and the extreme comes with iron sights, they both work off the same action system.

I will try the same loads that I use in my BK-92 and see how that works, but let me ask you Mike, what load do you use in your elite?

My BK-92: 2 pellets of pyodex 50grains each, and a 250grain Knight Red Hot/Barnes, that muzzy loves it, never had a deer run more then 15yds, and had lots of blood
Old 12-21-2004, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

Nice Xmas Present to You!
Old 12-21-2004, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Knight must have way-too-many Extremes left. They did not tell you the complete truth in their Extreme/Elite comparisons. You have the right to return the rifle for a credit. It will likely cost you around $16 shipping/insurance. Or you can keep your Knight Extreme. It is a fine gun... but the Elite is worth the price difference.

Knight Disc Elite/Extreme Comparison/review
Old 12-21-2004, 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

but let me ask you Mike, what load do you use in your elite?
The load I'm using now is a 220 gr Dead Center sabot and 80 gr pyro tabs (50 & 30). It is presently sighted in for 2 inch high at 50 yds because I haven't had a chance to shoot at 100 yds yet, but that is why I bought it, for it's long range accuracy (100 yds is a long way where & when I hunt). I mounted a 2-7 wide-field Weaver scope on it. 80 gr is probably not enough pop for some of you guys but it's accuracy I seek.