Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Optima vs. Black Diamond? >

Optima vs. Black Diamond?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Optima vs. Black Diamond?

Old 12-19-2004, 04:33 PM

Default Optima vs. Black Diamond?

Whats your guys opinions?Im looking to get a newer ML after this years over and Im kind of leaning towards one of these because of the prices.Which would you go for?
Old 12-19-2004, 04:37 PM

Default RE: Optima vs. Black Diamond?

I would probably lean towards the Black Diamond as it is made in the good old USA.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

T/c Black Diamond is tougher to clean -- has more moving parts - is less moisture resistant - plus less balanced than the Optima... (but) if you start snow-blowing all your neighbors' sidewalks & driveways for $10-$15 between now and next spring, you will have earned/saved enough to buy the T/C Omega.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:47 PM

is the omega a better gun than the encore ?
Old 12-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

The Encore and Omega are different purpose rifles. If you want to switch barrels and use for smokeless also the Encore is the way to go if you can stand the rather strange stock design and angles. The Omega is a black powder rifle only and in my opinion (since I have one) the better of the two if you only want to shoot black powder. You can get an Omega for less than the Encore also. Both T/C rifles are going to have pretty tight bores and will require some selection of bullet/sabot combinations to find ones that will work well. Some will not go down the barrels of either without a lot of effort. My Omega will shoot with the best of them when the right combination is found and does all I want a muzzleloader to do.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:02 PM

I liked the Omega better than the Encore as it feels more balanced and is about $200 cheaper depending on the model.I have a ssOmega with the laminated stock.Got it for $409 last spring,I recommend the ss barrel as it is very easy to clean and see if you miss any dirt.I can hit the 2 inch bullseye with mine at 100 yards so I think it is accurate enough.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

i thoguht we were talking about the optima and blck diamond
i think im ggetting the optima for xmas its cheaper, easier to clean...
Old 12-21-2004, 07:09 AM

I have heard from a friend that a friend of his had some teeth blow out from a CVA.After hearing this,I wouldn't even risk one of them.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just placed an order for a Knight Disc Extreme from Natchez Shooting Supplies, with shipping it cost $408, plus a $50 mail-in rebate.....Knight makes the best in-lines
Old 12-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Knight makes the best in-lines
=============================================

They are very good manufacturers being stuck with slow-selling guns... that's for sure judging by the massive backlog in inventory they have-had! However, T/C has never found it necessary to put rebates on their Omegas/Encores. So the 'best inline" can be debated.... along with Austin-Halleck's 420 model & despite it's Spanish-made barrel.

Really thou.... if you are using modest powder charges/bullet grains & happy with an average warranty of your trouble-free/very accurate CVA inline, then "it's" the best inline too.

Quick Reply: Optima vs. Black Diamond?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.